2.0

2008 Dodge Charger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Charger:

2008 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Charger

I purchased a car from johnny auto sales off florin rd. I was told the car had never been in an accident, clean car fax. The only major thing was the engine had been replaced. The check engine lt and the tire indicator lt were on and johnny said he would make sure to fix the issue w/lights. I kept getting flat tires. I told johnny my tires are bald and keep going flat. He told me to go to his tire guy and he would pay for used tires to be put on. I did just that. They replaced my tires and johnny signed for them. I continued getting flar tire so I went back to the tire shop and had my tires checked. They said no problems with the tires. So they checked my rims. Cracked. My rim on the back passenger side was cracked. I called johnny and he says well how does he know I didn't drive the car hard. So I figured I was not going to get anywhere with him I went and bought my own tires and rims so I know there would be no problems and have a warranty. Now I needed an alignment and to get theverything tire indicator light off. So I took the car to pep boys, Firestone and les schwab. All 3 places refused to give me an alignment. Reason being... bent subframe. I got a printout of how my tires should be and what they were and the result is... not safe. Clearly my car has had some type of damage due to an accident to cause a bent subframe. Then the guys point out all the bondo on the passenger side. All the way to the glue in the trunk. Like someone cut the trunk and glued it back on. Still no help from johnny. The interior carpet doesn't even belong to an 08 Charger. It came from a newer model Charger. He pieced this car together to satisfy his greed while putting people like myself in danger. I have children that ride with me. My question to johnny is... would you be ok with this situation if it was you" and ur children ride in this car" exactly my point...

- North Highlands, CA, USA

Mar 212016

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. The contact noticed smoke coming from the driver side headlamp. The contact opened the headlamp and noticed flames. The contact extinguished the fire. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the front bumper, bumper cover, support bracket, passenger side headlamp assembly, upper tie bar, panel, and wiring harness needed to be replaced. In addition, the front driver side area by the headlamp needed to be painted. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 158,093.

- Raleigh, NC, USA