2.0

2008 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Charger:

2008 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Sep 112012

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the key was inserted into the ignition switch however, there was a few moments of a delayed response. The failure occurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the wireless control module was reprogrammed on two separate occasions. Most recent, the vehicle failed to start. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) and the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 74,783.

- Union City, TN, USA

Aug 142015

Charger

The vehicle is stopping for unknown reasons while driving. Phone Dodge Chrysler in cerritos regarding the recall that is affecting my vehicle and was told no parts are available to repair wireless ignition node module or R25 as required by the national traffic and motor vehicle Safety Act to repair the vehicle at the current time. This is unacceptable as the vehicle is cutting off for unknown reasons. I was told by diane that all I could do is get on the waiting list that extends over two months and I would be contacted when the part is available.

- Norwalk, CA, USA

Feb 132015

Charger

Upon purchasing the vehicle on 01/31/2015 the first incident where the vehicle just cut off when I stopped at a red light happened on 02/13/2015 and then numerous times after that, I was able to crank the car back up and proceeded to drive. I took the vehicle to a private dealer and he told me that it was an electrical problem, that the vehicle isnt receiving power to the engine. It happened again yesterday on 09/02/15. I fear for the safety of my children and that of my patients, my job requires that I travel from city to city receiving patient care, this is the only vehicle that I have at the moment and cannot afford monthly payments on another vehicle. I also reported this problem to Chrysler Dodge Jeep dealership to the one here in enterprise, al and to the one in dothan, al and they both told me that I am on a waiting list and they will call me as soon as the parts are in. I can no longer wait its happening more frequent now.

- Enterprise, AL, USA

Jan 102013

Charger 8-cyl

Vehicle is experiencing major safety defect similar to recent GM ignition recall. On numerous occasions vehicle has experienced sudden engine shut-off at varying speeds including highway 65mph plus. Complete electrical system shut down deactivates all onboard systems, including power-steering, breaking, and air bag deployment. Vehicle shut down occurs randomly. Re-occurrence has been as frequently as hours between similar occurrence to as long as 5,000 miles between occurrences. Vehicle has been in for repairs to dealer without dealer able to recreate defect. Various electrical system parts were replaced without successfully curing the defect. Two separate dealerships recommended wireless ignition (win) module replacement but Chrysler has refused to send the part. Chrysler customer care states that win module is only replaced when vehicle fails to start at all times. Vehicle owner requested replacement part as recommended by certified technicians but Chrysler will not release part to VIN associated vehicle. Therefore, vehicle has not been repaired. Current mileage is 78,000. Identical occurrences have been reported to NHTSA under id numbers: 10294768, 10369140, 10370988, 10386410, 10390065, 10396098, 10508333, 10520262, and 10525632. Vehicle defect has serious potential for death and serious injury due to product failure (airbags failing to deploy).

- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA

Dec 012013

Charger

I turned on the car and the electronic throttle control light was on. It did not turn off and continued to be on until I turned off the car and turned it back on. And as soon as you turn it back on the RPM's on the car touch 3000. The company claims that there is no way to solve the problem, I have looked on forums and found no solution. This is a major defect within the product.

- Des Plaines, IL, USA

May 062013

Charger 6-cyl

1 solution 2008 Dodge Charger the esp/bas light comes on when I make a left turn and stays on for a while and the resets. This is a re-occurring issue. Was told by Dodge that steering column may have to be repaired. (was this a recall for Dodge?). the car seems to be difficult to steer due to the car being very "loose" and feels as if the car is not aligned but recently had new alignment done. Also, left rear driver's side door lock will not work. The window works fine but the door lock has stopped functioning. Have had issues with rotors since I purchased the car with only 17 miles on it. Rotors replaced several times and was even told that the rotors were warped in factor installation.

- Lenoir, NC, USA