3.0

2008 Dodge Charger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Charger:

2008 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Charger

I purchased a car from johnny auto sales off florin rd. I was told the car had never been in an accident, clean car fax. The only major thing was the engine had been replaced. The check engine lt and the tire indicator lt were on and johnny said he would make sure to fix the issue w/lights. I kept getting flat tires. I told johnny my tires are bald and keep going flat. He told me to go to his tire guy and he would pay for used tires to be put on. I did just that. They replaced my tires and johnny signed for them. I continued getting flar tire so I went back to the tire shop and had my tires checked. They said no problems with the tires. So they checked my rims. Cracked. My rim on the back passenger side was cracked. I called johnny and he says well how does he know I didn't drive the car hard. So I figured I was not going to get anywhere with him I went and bought my own tires and rims so I know there would be no problems and have a warranty. Now I needed an alignment and to get theverything tire indicator light off. So I took the car to pep boys, Firestone and les schwab. All 3 places refused to give me an alignment. Reason being... bent subframe. I got a printout of how my tires should be and what they were and the result is... not safe. Clearly my car has had some type of damage due to an accident to cause a bent subframe. Then the guys point out all the bondo on the passenger side. All the way to the glue in the trunk. Like someone cut the trunk and glued it back on. Still no help from johnny. The interior carpet doesn't even belong to an 08 Charger. It came from a newer model Charger. He pieced this car together to satisfy his greed while putting people like myself in danger. I have children that ride with me. My question to johnny is... would you be ok with this situation if it was you" and ur children ride in this car" exactly my point...

- North Highlands, CA, USA

Apr 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the the steering wheel was difficult to turn left or right. The contact also mentioned that the wheel alignment failed. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The details of the repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

Jun 262013

Charger 6-cyl

Got a flat tire, after attempting to remove the wheel to change the tire realized the tire wrench did not fit the lug nuts. Had to have the car towed off the turnpike. When my mechanic looked at it he advised that this is an ongoing problem with the Dodge, the lug nuts swell. Had to replace all 20 lug nuts. When I contacted Dodge they advised that there was nothing they could do. After looking on line realize that this is a common problem. Wondering why no recall??

- Abington, PA, USA

Jun 012011

Charger 6-cyl

The tie rod ends in this car have been replaced twice and now im going in for a third time. My mechanic explained to me that these cars are known for their tie rod ends breaking. I feel it should be looked into..I have been to online forums for this vehicle and its mentioned a lot on there too. If a part is defective the manufacturer should be recalling these vehicles.

- Bay Shore , NY, USA