2009 Dodge Charger accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Charger:

2009 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Oct 152013

Charger 8-cyl

While leaving the gas station I heard a loud cracking sound coming from the roof. I did not pay any attention to the sound until later that week when I washed the car and saw a quarter inch crack on the roof next to the sunroof. I took the car to a local dealership to show them the crack and I was told that it was nothing they could do because my car was out of warranty. I did some searching on line and came across many customers with similar issues. I didn't press the issue because I didn't know what options to take. My roof is starting to leak due to the crack and I developed another crack on the opposite side. The occurrences of the cracks in my roof are due to extreme flexing in the frame of the vehicle. In my opinion, this is a structural issue and a safety concern. I believe the vehicle is structurally unsound and I would like Dodge to fix it or replace it.

- Herndon, VA, USA