2009 Dodge Charger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Charger:

2009 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Dec 162014

Charger 6-cyl

Since December, I have experienced a very noticeable flicker of the headlights and dash lights. This has caused oncoming drivers to flash their headlights in response to the flickering. The dealership has replaced my battery and checked the electrical system. When I googled "Dodge Charger flickering headlights", there were posts by a substantial number of Charger owners experiencing the same problem, some are experiencing headlight failure. I believe this is a safety issue worthy of investigation.

- Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Nov 202013

Charger 6-cyl

In August of 2011 I hit a large piece of semi tire tread. I realized before we returned home to Iowa that I had no tail January 2012 I took my car into the dealership where I purchased it to find out why the car had such a bad shiny and the tail lights were not working. The frame was bent from the tire, the transmission also T some damage and of course the car was seriously out of alignment. When the car was returned the tail lights were working. About a year later I was pulled over and given a warning because my tail lights were not working. I took the car back to the dealership because of the tail lights. Once again they worked when I picked it up and I didn't think about it again. Then recently I was pulled over again, no tail lights and a warning. I made an appointment with the dealership, took my car in(third time), lights and trunk were working properly. I decided to check my lights when I got home and guess what, no tail lights. I now drive with my flashers on since the last pullover. I am taking the car back on Thursday, December 18, 2014. This is try no. 4. I also found out with that my life time warranty on my car no longer existed. I had received a card to bring my car in to have it checked out. I called the dealership three times leaving a message each time which included my phone number but never received a call back. At this point I decided it must not be a big deal since no one was returning my calls. I don't believe the car saying anything about this affecting my warranty. I do feel fortunate that I don't have to drive my car a lot after sundown and that I have not been awareness in the dark. I was injured in 2001 and don't need any further injuries to make my pain levels worse than they are now. I saw a young girl on television tonight and is now paralyzed because someone hit in the rear end of her parents car.

- Boone, IA, USA