3.8

2010 Dodge Charger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Charger:

2010 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Feb 112010

Charger 6-cyl

I have 2 problems first problem is the gas tank the filler tube on the gas tank is not working right you can not put gas in tank until the gas tank is half full if you try to fill it at 3/4 full it will not go in tank it keeps clicking off the gas hose. Second the wire harness from alternator was attach to the exhaust manifold from factory and the wires burned up the dealer cut the wires and tape them back together and the lights on the whole car blink off an on all the time this is bad I am afraid of a fire the dealer ship will do nothing I have been fighting with them since I brought the car new in 2011 you can not use the car at night because of the light blinking off and on.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Sep 062014

Charger 6-cyl

An overwhelming smell of gas starting around 9/6/14. I took my car to the dealership for the standard oil change and advised that I smelled gas. They indicated that when changing the oil they would perform a preliminary check. At that time they didn't notice any visible leaks and scheduled me an appointment to bring the car back in on 9/15/14 if the car still smelled of gas and did not go away. The smell eventually went away, but start noticing anytime the car was filled up with gas the smell would return on 9/30/14 filled the car up with gas and by the time I made it home it was pouring gas near the left passenger rear. Further observation showed that there is a leak in the gas line. I have scheduled in appointment to take it back to he dealership with the 1st available appointment 10/8/14. I was advised to not drive as the car can possibly ignite. It is now parked in the garage. It is hot. Not sure if the garage should be opened to give air or if opening the garage will allow sunlight that may could cause fumes to ignite. The garage smells of gas and the fumes are now in my home. Do we know of any issues with the Dodge Charger and gas line leaks.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jun 022014

Charger

Dodge dealership told us over 600 fuel pumps for the 2010 Charger were back ordered and that we would have to wait to get a replacement part for mine. 600 back ordered fuel pumps sounds like a common enough issue that may potentially need to be a recall. My 2010 Charger will not start unless this fuel pump is replaced.

- Waldron, AR, USA