2010 Dodge Charger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Charger:

2010 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 032015

This car has been a nightmare. The automatic transmission went out at 85,000 miles and had to be completely replaced, thank fully the warranty covered it. This month I was driving to work and the car just died. I called aaa and had it towed to a total of 3 mechanics including the local Dodge dealership. Final prognosis was my timing chain broke. Not from wear and tear or stretching, it just snapped. The snapping of the timing chain caused the valves to bend which lead to the entire motor being tore down and piston by piston and ultimately having the bottom end rebuilt/replaced/etc. The part that sucks is this is a recall for my motor, year, and vehicle however my VIN number wasnt listed as part of the recall. So I had to pay $4000 to have my car fixed by aaa mechanic because the Dodge dealer wanted $7000 to fix it.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Jun 182015

I was attempting to leave walmart parking lot and without warning the car died. I took it to be serviced and was told that it was giving no diagnostic codes. I picked the car up 3 days later and while bringing it home it died 3 times. I researched for reported complaints and found that this appears to be an ongoing issue. Why are these cars being sold? this is a very dangerous situation and I'm paying for a vehicle that I can't drive because there is a great risk of bodily harm or death to myself and others. This needs to be acknowledged and rectified!

- Lexington, KY, USA