3.3

2010 Dodge Charger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Charger:

2010 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Aug 192014

Charger 6-cyl

I had a flat tire and tried to remove it and put the spare on but could not get the lugs nuts off because the tire wrench no longer fit them. I had to get car transported to Dodge dealership by flat bed. When we got there the service manager told me this was a common problem on Dodge Chargers, challengers, and Chrysler 300's. the lug nut is manufactured in two parts, and the outer part swells making the lug nut defective. So therefore the dealership had to pry them off. When they checked the other lug nuts they were all bad due to a defective design. Even though this is a product of Dodge and therefore their fault and well known problem they charged me over $350 to replace all of these lug nuts. I feel this part should be recalled because it is unsafe and could possibly cause me to be stranded somewhere if I have a flat tire, because I cannot change it myself due to this defect. I am thankful that this happened in my driveway or else I would be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way of putting the spare on. I feel I should be reimbursed for this faulty design. Thank you in advance for addressing this problem.

- Howell, NJ, USA

Sep 042012

Charger 6-cyl

While driving I began to experience hearing a knocking noise coming from the right front passenger side of car. This problem was first noted several days after purchasing from dealer. Dealer was notified and advised the problem would be taken care of. Received the vehicle back and no noise. Several months later same noise vehicle was taken back to dealer because along with the noise the tires on vehicle was worn irregularly. The dealer refused to repair issue. Goodyear inspected vehicle and advised that the tires and alignment was severly off. I was advised by Goodyear that vehicle appears to be ok but is known to have suspension issue. Recently I took vehicle for tire rotation and was advised that outer tie rod ends are loose and required immediate repair. This explained my inability to steer effectively and knocking noise which returns.

- Bergenfield, NJ, USA

Apr 112011

Charger

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the tire pressure monitoring system on the front driver's side malfunctioned. The light indicated low air pressure in the tire, but the tire was filled to its adequate air pressure. The contact took the vehicle to dealer. The dealer could not diagnose a failure code with the tire pressure monitoring system. The dealer replaced the sensor, but the failure continued. The failure mileage was 14,000.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA