2011 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

2011 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 182012

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. While driving 60 mph, the brake pedal vibrated after being depressed. The vehicle began to shake and the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The vibrating continued until the vehicle came to a complete stop. The failure recurred once the brake pedal was depressed. The failure occurred on three different occasions. A private mechanic stated that the ABS needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Richmound, TX, USA

Jun 242014

If don't enter information how will you contact me to help? my radio went out first I didn't think nothing of it, but when I got closer to home my car started making weird noises and then my ABS light came on my stability light came on as well the ac went off and came on started blowing hot burning air, lucky I made it close to the dealership cause the car completely died on me I couldn't steer it. I had no power to turn, I'm happy I didn't get hurt or have my kids in the car at the time.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Apr 172014

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the headlights failed. In addition, the ABS and ESC warning lights illuminated. There was a recall related to the failure under NHTSA campaign id number 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic) but the VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 30,000.

- Winberley, TX, USA

Nov 262013

TL-the contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. The contact stated while driving approximately 50 mph the headlight were activated, the suddenly the passenger's side low beam headlights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who informed that the headlight wiring harness overheated and would need to be replaced. There was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 12V042000 (electrical system, exterior lighting, service brakes, hydraulic) and the VIN was not included. The vehicle had not been repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000.

- Lenior, NC, USA

Sep 272013

Charger 6-cyl

On my daily routine home, out of the blue, my ESC light comes on. Immediately im concerned and notice some loss of power. No less than a minute later my ABS light comes on as well! so I pull over and shut off the car and then cut it back on, no luck. The car starts but the engine won't cut on and both lights are still on. So I cut it off again and wait a few then attempt to cut it on again and it gets worse! the car reads "no key detected" and then completely shuts off. So I immediately assume the battery is dead and call my brother for a jump. He comes and jumps me and no success. The driver info still reads "no key detected". so now im left wondering what's gone wrong. I had it towed to the dealership for service and notice that this vehicle has already been serviced for an ESC/ABS light recall back in may of 2012. So this leads me to believe that this is a serious electrical issue. Like some other owners I too also have a burnt out passenger side headlights wiring and definitely expressed my concerns if that could be causing an uneven power distribution. Its so disappointing. This is the second time in 3 months my car has been brought in for major service. Frankly I no longer feel confident behind the wheel of my vehicle. Winter is fast approaching and don't want to get stuck on the side of the road with no power and no heat. Minor issues are one thing but major issues on a late model car is alarming. Im certainly not happy and really am at the tipping point of surrendering this vehicle. At this point what else am I to do?!

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Nov 062012

Charger 6-cyl

I purchase my car 9 months ago never had a problem until I took it to a dealer to get the 2 recalls fix after a week my car wouldn't turn on call them the steering wheel light show up engine light and ABS too said it was the battery that dead but they charge and it was fine week later my car steering wheel lock couldn't brake because got lock too call the dealer show same lights steering ABS engine lights too now they saying my hd lights was the cause for the computer to mess up call the guy who install them explain to them couldn't been the lightshe install a rely which does has any contact the cable with the computer they told me will late me know the next day still waiting for them to call me also a friend had problem too with the computer dealer try to charge him he got a lawyer dealer end up paying for everything they want to charge me 2700 for something that is not my problem hd lights been on my car for 9 months got them same day I purchase my car never had a problem until dealer put hands on it I ask different locations that put hd lights for cars like mines they said if the hd lights were install wrong it takes 3 to a week for the computer to shot down lock everything on the car no way to drive it but my car doesn't do that it turn ons only problem the steering wheel locks and brakes too sometimes wont turn on but it takes an hour and it turns but same problem the car already had a electrical problem is just dealer doesn't want to paid and looks for any excuse to make customer paid but im right everything is on file plus got proof too people that has experience on light all said same to me.

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 122012

Charger 6-cyl

I tried to make a quick stop and the vehicle would not stop. My anti-lock brake system did not work I crashed and the airbags did not deploy.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Oct 112012

Charger 8-cyl

This is the third time that all the idiot lights on the dashboard come on and then we proceed to lose the power steering and brakes. Chrysler's lemon law division states that they will fix it and that my issue is not a lemon law case. I simply have requested them to take the car back and have their engineering department take it apart to find out what is going on with I and to give me a new vehicle. Each of the three times this has occurred, we have been extremely fortunate to be in a parking lot only traveling a couple miles per hour. This issue was suppose to have been resolved already and has not apparently. I no longer trust my safety and life nor the safety and well being of others on the road if I were to drive this car again. The only remedies that are acceptable to me are to remove all the electrical wiring and computers and replace them with new or to exchange the vehicle. I fear for my safety with this car. Please note that I also have a 2011 Chrysler 300C that has been fine with no major issues.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA