2011 Dodge Charger steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

2011 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 222012

Charger 6-cyl

Car went into battery saver mode, radio shut off, tried to make it home had to pull over and have towed, alternator was out. We just had to put another alternator on in may of year 2014, same thing, radio out, made it to auto repair shop, the part was on back order because there is such a high demand, we were told this is a common problem in this car.

- Irmo, SC, USA

Jun 242014

If don't enter information how will you contact me to help? my radio went out first I didn't think nothing of it, but when I got closer to home my car started making weird noises and then my ABS light came on my stability light came on as well the ac went off and came on started blowing hot burning air, lucky I made it close to the dealership cause the car completely died on me I couldn't steer it. I had no power to turn, I'm happy I didn't get hurt or have my kids in the car at the time.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 282012

Charger 6-cyl

2011 Dodge Charger. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle automatic transmission defect. The consumer stated there was a 2nd and 3rd delay upon acceleration at certain speeds. The dealer performed a flash on the transmission and he was informed the transmission needed to re-learn his driving habits. After driving over 700 miles, the 3 second delay was and still is constant, the consumer took the vehicle to the dealer on September 27, 2012, and he received a call the following the day, and was informed the transmission was operating within parameters. Immediately, upon leaving the dealer, the consumer noticed the vehicle was riding very rough. The tires were re-balanced and an alignment was performed. The consumer also noticed the steering wheel was not centered properly, and the vehicle pulled to the right.

- Moriarty, NM, USA

Oct 282013

Charger 6-cyl

I currently own a 2011 Dodge Charger and I got into my car and noticed that all of the lights were on in the dash board from the wind shield wipers, power steering service light was flashing, brake lights I mean every light was on. I took the car to the dealer because I purchased the car December 2012 and I remember the dealer saying that I had the previous owners warranty but to find out I only had the power train warranty and was told that I had to pay $120 just for a diagnostic. My husband was furious and took the car to another shop and they stated that the car just needed fuses when all of the fuses were replaced all of the lights went off but the power steering went all the way out so now I have not been able to drive my car until I can get the money to see what is wrong with the power steering it is unfortunate that my car has been sitting up for 2 months now. A fairly new car and I am having these problems this is just crazy I check the Dodge website for recalls and I didn't see anything.

- Berwyn, IL, USA

Nov 062012

Charger 6-cyl

I purchase my car 9 months ago never had a problem until I took it to a dealer to get the 2 recalls fix after a week my car wouldn't turn on call them the steering wheel light show up engine light and ABS too said it was the battery that dead but they charge and it was fine week later my car steering wheel lock couldn't brake because got lock too call the dealer show same lights steering ABS engine lights too now they saying my hd lights was the cause for the computer to mess up call the guy who install them explain to them couldn't been the lightshe install a rely which does has any contact the cable with the computer they told me will late me know the next day still waiting for them to call me also a friend had problem too with the computer dealer try to charge him he got a lawyer dealer end up paying for everything they want to charge me 2700 for something that is not my problem hd lights been on my car for 9 months got them same day I purchase my car never had a problem until dealer put hands on it I ask different locations that put hd lights for cars like mines they said if the hd lights were install wrong it takes 3 to a week for the computer to shot down lock everything on the car no way to drive it but my car doesn't do that it turn ons only problem the steering wheel locks and brakes too sometimes wont turn on but it takes an hour and it turns but same problem the car already had a electrical problem is just dealer doesn't want to paid and looks for any excuse to make customer paid but im right everything is on file plus got proof too people that has experience on light all said same to me.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 112012

Charger 8-cyl

This is the third time that all the idiot lights on the dashboard come on and then we proceed to lose the power steering and brakes. Chrysler's lemon law division states that they will fix it and that my issue is not a lemon law case. I simply have requested them to take the car back and have their engineering department take it apart to find out what is going on with I and to give me a new vehicle. Each of the three times this has occurred, we have been extremely fortunate to be in a parking lot only traveling a couple miles per hour. This issue was suppose to have been resolved already and has not apparently. I no longer trust my safety and life nor the safety and well being of others on the road if I were to drive this car again. The only remedies that are acceptable to me are to remove all the electrical wiring and computers and replace them with new or to exchange the vehicle. I fear for my safety with this car. Please note that I also have a 2011 Chrysler 300C that has been fine with no major issues.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jan 122012

Charger 6-cyl

Safety concerns that effect vehicle control, egress and value. Steering has loud grinding sound and becomes hard to turn. Uconnect and electrical occasional problems; trunk opens by itself, you can hear the relay click and release the trunk, door handles do not unlock the car, airbag light comes on and goes off after restarting, uconnect control touch screen not functioning, dash lights stay on even when the car is locked and all other lights off.

- Kenilworth, NJ, USA

Sep 102011

When driving on the highway at a continuous speed of 70+ miles per hours, the car drifts in the lane. I can hold the steering straight and the car continues to be a problem. I am afraid to drive the vehicle on the highway and I don't feel safe in the car. We are constantly getting car sick and that's just not normal I have taken the car in a few times to the dealership and they can't find anything wrong with the vehicle. I have reported the problem to Dodge, but I have to take it in to another dealership where they are close to the highway. I don't know if it is the tires or the steering, but the dealership said they was nothing wrong. I asked the service manager if I could take them on the highway with me and I was told no. There is something wrong with the car and I just want it fixed for my families safety and everyone else that is next to me driving down the interstate.

- Trinity, FL, USA

Dec 012011

2011 Dodge Charger. Consumer expresses discontent concerning Chrysler corporation the consumer stated the vehicle would not start and Chrysler was aware there was an issue and never informed him. The consumer also stated the vehicle has a terrible blind spot, which was restrictive, as his body transgressed higher towards the back making it difficult seeing low hoods. Also, the rear window view was higher, apparently to allow more trunk space, which blocked the consumer from seeing, the hood when backing out of parking spaces. The consumer stated he could barely see the speedometer, the numbers were a lot smaller and difficult to read. Also, it was difficult to adjust the tilt wheel. The consumer stated he had to use extra strength to pull the wheel up or down. The consumer stated there was a drag in the vehicle, when he removed his foot from the accelerator, the vehicle would slow down more rapidly. Also, it was easy to accidentally move the shifter into a lower gear. Also, the transmission was not shifting properly.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Mar 022011

Charger 8-cyl

U-connect (hands frees phone) disconnects and will not reconnect, until car is restarted. Has been in the shop three times. Chrysler group has been contacted, stated they were aware of the problem. Stated they would be sending a update cd with instructions, never arrived steering alignment: Camber problem has wore 5/32 of tread on the front tires in 7600 miles.

- Port Huron, MI, USA