2012 Dodge Charger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Charger:

2012 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Jul 312015

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While driving at 40 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated with a chime intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the wiring harness in the front driver seat needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 13V118000 (air bags), but the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 44,000.

- Huntington Beach , CA, USA

Oct 232014

Charger

The air bag light keeps coming on, have taken it to two different dealerships. The first dealer was atlantic Chrysler on 12/31/14, they said it was the bag in the seat. They reset the light and is was fine until approx. March, then came on a couple times. In approximately in April I took it to sport hyndani Dodge, they said it was a dirty connection and charged me $90. That lasted approximately 1 month and it came back on intermittently, now continually. Took it to sport today September 16, for a recall for the air bag system. They said it would not fix the light being on, they said it was a sensor and they would have to take the seat apart to figure out what the problem was. Did not have it fixed today, did not have the time. Has been in 3 times for same problem only to get 3 different diagnoses.

- Mayslanding , NJ, USA

Jul 272015

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V467000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Riverside, CA, USA

May 082015

Charger

Was driving down road when car started making a chiming sound and the air bag indicator light came on. The light has went off a time or two but primarily stays on all the time.

- Thomson , GA, USA

Mar 252015

Charger

Passenger side air bag warning indicator stays on.

- Washoe Valley, NV, USA

Dec 302014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that when the ignition was turned to the on position, the front passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred continuously. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician performed unknown repairs but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure and the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V118000 (air bags). The approximate failure mileage was 56,000.

- Statesville, NC, USA

Jan 032014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the vehicle constantly had an intermittent drastic reduction in speed in which the contact had to press the accelerator pedal and then pulled the vehicle over to shut off the vehicle to reset the computer each time the failure recurred. The contact also indicated that the air bag warning lamp was flashing. The contact stated that the failure was progressing to the point that the vehicle may stall. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: (electrical system) and the remedy was still under development. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part and the permanent remedy would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was continuing to experience the intermittent failure. The approximate failure mileage was not available.

- Lewisville, TX, USA

Feb 192015

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While traveling approximately 70 mph, the vehicle had a sudden loss of power and the engine stalled. The contact slid off the road and crashed into a tree. The driver's side air bag did deploy. The contact sustained a broken collar bone, whiplash, and a concussion that required medical attention. It was unknown if a police report was filed. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) after the failure occurred. The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 71,000. Updated 4/20/15 the consumer stated the vehicle was unable to stop, steer, and to control. Updated 10/9/15

- Fort Stewart , GA, USA

Dec 042013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle, the passenger side air bag sensor would illuminate intermittently. The contact indicated that the failure would occur with or without a passenger in the front seat. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the air bag harness was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 55,000.

- Seminol, TX, USA

Jan 302015

Charger 8-cyl

The airbag light goes on and off intermittently with or with out a passenger after taking this to the dealership the airbag wiring harness needs replaced.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Jan 282015

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that when starting the vehicle, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the driver's seat wiring harness failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 43,900. Updated 03/31/15

- Burlingane, CA, USA

Dec 162014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the wiring harness needed to be soldered. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000.

- Highland Heights, OH, USA

Jun 022014

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the air bag sensor on the front drivers side illuminated. The contact was not included in recall NHTSA campaign id number: 13V118000 (air bags). The vehicle was not inspected or diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was not available.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Oct 012013

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the passenger's seat air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. However, the diagnosis was unknown and the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Capital Heights, MD, USA

Oct 262014

Charger 8-cyl

I had a light coming on that indicated that I have an air bag malfunction and to have serviced immediately. I looked up that some of the Dodge and Chrysler products have had a recall due to faulty wiring on a connector from the factory. They pulled up my VIN and stated no recalls for my vech, per. The VIN. However she did say it was showing the orc switch was bad. Then stated that I would have to pay because its out of warranty. I said ok I will have to let them know because I thought it was under recall. Then I was told I would have to schedule an appointment for diagnostic. So I asked if I take the vech. And the air bag deploys due to malfunction and I get hurt then what. They said sorry don't know what to tell you. Ok is this not a hazard to myself and other's? if its the same as the NO7 recall but not my VIN. That seem like they should have extended the recall to other vech. As well.

- Inman, SC, USA

Jul 162013

Charger

Operating my vehicle with seatbelts employed, I was struck offset head-on from my left at the drivers front headlight from an oncoming vehicle who's driver failed to yield to oncoming traffic, making a left turn, crossing into my lane causing the collision and subsequent events. My speed was accelerating and was approximately 35 mph when hit by the other vehicle, reportedly accelerating to an estimated 15 mph. Despite these energetic collisions, none of my airbags ever did deploy. After the initial vehicle collision, my car was subsequently slammed to the side and off the road. With continued forward momentum, "standing" on the brakes and with no steering control, I struck a fire hydrant in my path followed by a large tree head-on. The tree collision was significantly energetic enough to cause total front end damages resulting in repairs approximately $20,000. In all three collisions, none of my airbags deployed. I sustained head trauma and was unconscious when ems/police arrived. I was diagnosed in the er with closed head injury and other mva- related trauma. Mechanism of injury: After the initial vehicle/vehicle collision, my head collided with the upper inside driver's doorframe where there's a handle. When my car subsequently collided with the large tree, my neck snapped forward and I struck my forehead on the steering wheel. It's my opinion and that of others, that the driver side airbags should have deployed in at least one of the collisions and had they deployed correctly, my injuries could have been prevented or, at minimum, been less severe.

- Satellite Beach, FL, USA

Oct 202014

Charger 6-cyl

I took my car in for routine engine oil replacement and tire rotation. After receiving it back I noticed a humming sound coming from the engine and the dash information center telling me that the car is now in battery saver mode.. reading through the forums it seems this has been happening with people driving the same car as me and this has always led to engine failure and possible fire or accident. Prior to this incident, for the past 2-3 months, the airbag warning light has been coming on and off intermittently for no reason, regardless of anything on me seats.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Apr 082014

Charger 6-cyl

Air bag light comes on and off.

- Flat Rock, MI, USA

Aug 062014

Charger 6-cyl

First of all the customer service at the local dealership! sucks! when you called they (it's a call center), and they transfer where no one ever picks up. My problem occured on 8/6/2014. My car was driving in battery mode (which is not listed in the manual by the way). So, I called the Dodge chyrsler customer service to find out what was going on 1-800-423-6343. Only thing they advise was take to the dealer for diagnostic testing (which you the consumer have to pay for). Now remind you I have only had this car for one year and I am the second owner. I have kept up all my oil changes and regualr maintenance required for mileage, but all all of sudden the freaking alternator goes out on a 2012 Dodge Charger. Of course this does not sound right. So, I get a call back from the local dealership and they advise me that it will be $655 plus diagnostic. I have beed advised by the dealership as well as the chysler group llc customer center they can not assist with cost due to decline matrix and the history of the vehicle. I have gotten nothing but bs from everyone in regards to the so called case no. They gave me. The cutomer service representative have been extremely rude. I ask for a manager which they advised me they could not give me. (remind you again I use to work for a call center) I have not never heard a rep telling a customer you can not speak to a manager. Bull crap! also, I was told they are not allowed to give out headquarters numbers or information of address (which I ended up google the information). I planned on taking this matter up. I have electric issues, airbag issues, and more since I got this vehicle. Everyone tried to warn me about buying a Dodge, but I guess they were right ang I was wrong. Thanks, a concern owner of a Dodge Charger.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

May 192014

Charger

TL * the contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While driving 70 mph, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The other motorist lost control of the vehicle, struck the front end of the contact's vehicle, and became airborne until it crashed into an embankment. The seat belt failed to restrain the contact and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact suffered injuries to the face, neck, and back. The rear seat belt also failed to restrain the passenger. As a result, neck and back injuries were sustained. The vehicle was towed to the contact's insurance company for further inspection. The manufacturer stated that the seat belt and air bag failures were not caused by a manufacturer defect. The failure mileage was 90,837.

- Lacombe, LA, USA