2012 Dodge Charger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Charger:

2012 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Dec 302016

Charger

The air bags safety light on the passanger side stays on.I've had this problem checked by an orielly auto part store technician, it is defected.

- Warren, AR, USA

Jul 162016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oak View, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Charger

Takata recall- the contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V3520000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- College Station, TX, USA

Dec 012016

Charger

Passenger air bag warning light, when check by a auto technician, the stated danger of serious injury or death, could occur if this problem is not repaired, there could be potential damage to a part defect in the vehicle air bag deploment, if a crash occur, metal debris from the air bag component could cause serious injury or death.

- Warren, AR, USA

Jul 182016

Charger

Takata recall. I'm very concerned about the delay in getting my takata air bag repaired. The information shows that they are more likely to fail in high humidity climates. We live in Louisiana so we are definitely affected. I would like to at least have an idea as to when to expect repair. It is unacceptable to have to wait this long for a critical repair like this.

- Pineville, LA, USA

Jun 202016

Charger

Takata recall Dodge Charger and every time we call the Dodge dealership they never have the parts.in. I take my grand childern back and forth to school and this recall need to be taken care of.

- Mesquite, TX, USA

Nov 212016

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the front passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 52,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Temcula, CA, USA

Sep 012016

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While the vehicle was at the dealer for a safety inspection, it was diagnosed that the front passenger side seat sensor and the wiring harness needed to be replaced. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V118000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 29,600. Updated 12/20/16

- Tolland, CT, USA

Sep 102016

Charger

Takata recall. Living in Nevada where heat can rise to extremely high conditions, the fact there is no resolution is unacceptable. I have a 3 year old and the idea he could be injured with metal objects deploring from the airbag is frightening.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jul 282016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated randomly and made a beeping noise. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,693. VIN tools confirms parts not available.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Aug 012016

Charger 6-cyl

Letter from congressman barletta on behalf of constituent regarding his 2012 Dodge Charger- vehicle recall (attn: Vincent kundrik). The consumer would like Chrysler to provide a loaner, or disable the air bag. Until the parts become available.

- Ashley, PA, USA

Jul 012016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Aug 232016

Charger

We had a catastrophic failure of the alternator which nearly caused a wreck with my entire family (infant daughter was in car at the time when the high heat came on and windows locked not allowing us to turn heat off or get out for a minute) while we were driving back home and had to have the vehicle towed and get it fixed at the dealership earlier this year around January. Now the air bag warning light is staying on constantly, and as of 3 days ago (08/21/2016) the radio stops working and yesterday (08/23/2016) the ABS & traction control lights came on and will not go off now (at 60 mph that's scary when your family is with you and brake warning lights and airbag lights come on!!!!!!!). so this makes 3 warning lights that are now on constantly, yet the recalls for these issues do not apply to this VIN number, but the problems are happening exactly the same as other peoples problems who were part of recalls. My dealership won't fix it unless I pay because my cars VIN number doesn't qualify for the recall, yet the same exact problems are happening as recall problems. I will never buy Dodge again as they have nearly killed me and my family enough, and are turning out to be very dishonest!

- Rocky Mount, VA, USA

Apr 252016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V240000 (power train) and 16V352000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Elgin, TX, USA

Jul 192016

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power while being operated. The brake and air bag warning indicators illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the first dealer stated that the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The vehicle was towed to another dealer where it was diagnosed that the alternator shorted out the battery. Additionally, the alternator malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was approximately 100,000. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Cardington, OH, USA

Jul 202016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact heard a warning chime and the air bag light illuminated. The dealer stated that the parts to receive the repair for NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags) were not available. The dealer was unable to provide a time frame to receive the repair. The contact also received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V240000 (power train). The dealer was to schedule an appointment. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 202016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While driving various speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags), but was informed that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 85,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Springfield, OH, USA

Jan 082016

Charger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. While driving various speeds, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the wiring under the seat needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer for the same diagnostic. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Angleton, TX, USA

Jul 072016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- El Chjon, CA, USA

Jul 032016

Charger

Every single time I had any work or maintenance performed on my vehicle it's always with a Dodge authorized dealership/service station. I purchased my vehicle. Since 2013, I've had over 7 recalls on this car. Seven. One of which I had to contact Dodge to get reimbursed for the purchase of a new battery after their alternator killed it. The car literally shut off on me and malfunctioned while I was driving. 4th of July weekend my airbag light started turning off and on. I never even knew there was a light there. It's been illuminated non stop and haven't went off since. Drove my car to the dealership today that I always go to for service, and low and behold, they don't know what recall I am referring to, and the recall on my car for the airbag was "already performed". I called and spoke with felicia at Dodge 800853-1403. She tells me that Dodge records show that on 5/22/2016, I went to Town & Country dealership and had the recall repair performed on my vehicle. 1. I went to that location and only had an oil change and 23-point inspection performed. Even my online records and receipt reflect as such. 2. there is no signature on record of me asking for this recall to be performed, I never signed off on it, never discussed it, didn't know about it, they didn't give me a receipt saying that it was done, and they never actually did it but sent a bill to Dodge for reimbursement for the recall. 3. I received the postcard about the recall less than a month ago. On the postcard it says that records indicate there is two (2) open recalls that needs to be performed on my vehicle. Felicia @ Dodge states that I can take my car to a dealership, pay to either get the airbag light fixed (whatever is causing the issue) or pay for a diagnostic to be performed on my vehicle to determine if it is the recall problem that they show was "already fixed".

- Rensselaer, NY, USA