2012 Dodge Charger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Charger:

2012 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Apr 212015

Charger 8-cyl

I have been driving my car on nearly a daily basis since I acquired it in October 2013. Over the course of the past 27K miles, I have had to replace my wheels ("rims") on 3 separate occasions during the spring months as a result of hairline fractures/cracks occurring on the inner wall of the wheel. The location of the crack to be more precise is where the bead of the tire would be seated during mounting. In each instance, the wheel in question was mounted on the front of the car (one driver side and two passenger side) and did not show any sign of deformation or bending. Dodge has been made aware of the cracks and has consistently denied claims stating that they were not a result of workmanship or from poor design. Given the stiffness of the suspension and weight of the motor over the front wheels as well as the consistency of the fracture (front of car and inside of wheel), I do not agree with their claims. I have done a brief search of the internet and have found an abundance of blogs and similar discussion boards where owners of srt8 Chargers of my model year have experienced the same problem. While my instances have been slow leaks from cracks, other drivers may experience blowouts from sudden expansion of the crack causing structural failure.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Apr 192015

Night time @ 8:30pm, I was traveling 20W/59S towards the foster exit. Before I came upon the black warrior river bridge, I hit an unexpected pothole in the left lane and it bend and cracked the front driver's side rim and threw off the front alignment of my vehicle.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Feb 232015

Charger 8-cyl

Another bent rim on Dodge Charger superbee resulting in loss of tire pressure. Dodge Charger only has 15,000 miles and I have had several bent rims. Continue to notify Chrysler of issue to no avail.

- Canton, MI, USA