3.5

2013 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Oct 242016

Charger

Traveling on highway, cruise control turned off, ABS/traction control light came on then check engine came on and the car stalled and would not go anywhere. I am thinking a faulty alternator. Needs to be on recall for alternators.

- Baxley, GA, USA

Sep 252016

Charger

I was on the freeway when my cars lights started flashing and would get on battery saver mode and was hard trying to steer on to emergency lane until it completely shut off on me. Luckily I was half way on the slow lane and safe lane. It would not turn on and it started smoking when I tried getting out I was completely locked in and could not turn on the car to place it on park or open the doors. I had to get out through the window that I already had down. I then had to call my boyfriend to pick up the car in a trailer. When I was out the car I noticed red/pinkish water coming out of the car.

- Mcfarland, CA, USA

Aug 152016

Charger

The ABS light came on and the stability light is on too. Got the car parked for the last two day. Not sure if my break will go out on me. We had got rain everyday in North Louisiana

- Monroe, LA, USA

Mar 072016

Charger

Currently having issues with the ABS and traction control light. Vehicle was on recall for the alternator and the ESC light came on. The recall notice stated that the alternator could cause the ESC light to come on but when the alternator was replaced the light stayed on. Call Dodge, they said that the light should reset itself but it didn't. this problem was not covered by the recall; however this problem was caused by the defaulted alternator which led to the other problems that I'm having. The ABS caused the master cylinder to go out. Now I have to replace the ESC module and master cylinder at my own expense.

- Hephzibah, GA, USA

Jun 042016

Charger

Currently having an ongoing issue with the ABS and traction control lights. The vehicle is in the shop for the second time in less than 2 months for the same lights. Twice I was driving down the road, the brake pedal would do something funny and the those lights would come on. The second time(currently and occurred on June 4th) the airbag warning light came on as well. The first time the ABS and traction light came on, I was told it was a ABS sensor, and I paid the dealership $250. This time less than 2 months later, the dealership is saying it is yet another sensor causing those lights to illuminate. And as far as the airbag goes, it's faulty wiring and that it needed another wiring harness. These repairs would cost me over $600. I have two friends that have the same vehicle and are having the exact same problems with the ABS and traction control lights. This seems to be a overall Dodge issue as far as the Chargers go.

- Birmingham, AL, USA