2013 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Aug 152016

Charger

The ABS light came on and the stability light is on too. Got the car parked for the last two day. Not sure if my break will go out on me. We had got rain everyday in North Louisiana

- Monroe, LA, USA

Jul 212016

Charger

I purchased this vehicle on 6/24/2016 (Friday) Monday L called and talk with kayla regarding the breaks she told me to come on Thursday 6/30/2016 to have the breaks repaired ok there mechanic never showed up, next appointment that Saturday it was changel to July 12,2016 L went and apparently there mechanic has another job but he works here certain days so cristina says well he's off from his other job he'll be here all day so I went early wait 2 hours never showed up, so she takes the car next door to japanes auto repair 8196 garden grove blvd, garden grove ca, 92844 where they told me it would take 3 hours there was know one fixing this car for 3 hours only one gentleman spoke english but after 3 hours L was told that the breaks and rotors was replaced L ask for a copy of the invoice L was told it had to be given to cristina, so L take my time and head home it seems ok my son picks me up from the hospital on 07/21/2016 around 2pm we were on the santa monica freeway heading East car seems to start shaking so we exit and get onto labrea ave where we had to turn into on coming traffic to get into the gas station so we wouldn't be in the middle of the street, L had just had surgery, now I'm pist we had to sit to allow the motor to cool after about 45 min to an hour we had to drive with our hazzard lights on really slow to make it home once again L reached out to kca auto enterprise and nothing I'm afraid to drive this car, I'm afraid to have my family in this car passenger seatbelts doesn't stay connected, the motor shakes, the breaks constantly makes noise, and a burning smell L don't want this car I'm literally afraid to drive it fearing is it going to break down and cause an accident, there are 5 recalls that I just found out myself and the dealer never enclosed this to me L have no paperwork with any of this. I do not want this car it is not safe.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 112016

Charger

After car is started and you put the car into gear the brake paddle becomes rock hard and the car will not stop. There are times where under normal braking everything is ok. Under hard braking the brakes will not stop the car.

- West Lafayette, IN, USA

Jul 152014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the brake pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to stop without warning. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Forrest City , AR, USA

Nov 302012

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the brake failed to engage when applied. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact sustained injuries to the left thumb and a police report was filed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure and current mileage was 1,700.

- Fishers , IN, USA