2013 Dodge Charger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Dec 012014

Charger

I received safety recall P60 from Chrysler in early December 2014. The safety recall indicted that the parts required were not available and that they would contact me when the remedy parts are available. I have heard nothing. I contacted Chrysler today 3/7/15 and they indicated they have no idea as to when this situation would be remedied. Given the fact that this is an alternator situation which could cause the car to unexpectedly shutdown or catch fire, it does not appear as though this situation is being taken seriously by Chrysler / Dodge. I would like a remedy to this situation immediately. Thank you.

- Middleburg Heights, OH, USA

Mar 022015

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 4/7/15 updated 04/09/15

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Dec 102014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact was included in NHTSA campaign number: 4V634000 (electrical system) and stated that the dealer was unable to determine when the part would become available to schedule the recall repair for several months. The manufacturer was contacted and was unable to determine when the part would become available to schedule the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Farmville, VA, USA

Jan 112015

Charger

My vehicle has a safety recall on the alternator since November 2014, the ABS light and traction control light came on while I was driving home from the store. I called Chrysler the next day to inform them of this event and I was given a case number and put on a list. I use my car daily for work and can't be without it so I am wondering how long does it take to get in parts to fix it. My children and I are in danger every time we have to go some where until this matter is resolved.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jan 292015

Charger

I am in receipt of safety recall P60/NHTSA 14V-634 I own a 2013 Dodge Charger SE 3.6L engine, WA580 5-spd transmission. On Thursday, January 29, 2015, while traveling from la valle, wi to tomah, wi, I noticed my headlights flickering when the brakes were applied. On Friday, January 31, 2015, I emailed a note to Chrysler assistance that I had received notification of recall about 2 months prior, with no further communications from Chrysler. On Sunday, Feb 1, 2015, traveling round trip from tomah, wi to la valle, wi and back, I noticed my headlights malfunctioning again while applying the brakes. On Monday, Feb 2, 2015, I had my car in for a regular scheduled servicing. I asked if they had any information regarding the recall, to which they indicated that they know about it, but did not have any new information either. They offered to load test my battery, which was fine, indicating that I could continue to drive the car. Later in the day on Feb 2, I received an email from Chrysler assistance indicating that my complaint had been forwarded to their special tracking department, and that once the parts are available, I would be notified. I would like NHTSA to look into why Chrysler has not been able to arrange either a better part or an alternate solution to remedy the recall. I do not normally drive the car much after dark, but to be stalled somewhere out in the country when it's 20- zero outside would put the safety of myself and my young daughter needlessly at risk.

- Tomah, WI, USA

Jul 012014

Charger

Battery saver mode comes on and electrical problems w/ radio, navigation and blue tooth connectivity occur and become unresponsive. There is a high pitch "whine " coming from alternator and smells hot. It has happened a few times since and dealer unable to identify or "duplicate" problem.

- Kaneohe, HI, USA

Jan 052015

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle exhibited an electrical shortage. The contact was driving with a usb cord attached to the automotive power outlet but the outlet was causing a shortage to the usb. The contact received notification that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). The vehicle was taken to the dealer and repaired under the recall. The diagnosis of the failure was unknown. The failure mileage was 37,000.

- West Memphis, AR, USA

Dec 262014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Oct 142014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the delay. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- College Park, GA, USA

Nov 152014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 1,200. The VIN was not available.

- Islip, NY, USA

Nov 092014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 60 mph, the exterior and interior lights failed without warning. The contact mentioned that after turning the vehicle off and back on, all of the lights resumed normal function but the failure recurred on several occasions. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Paragould, AR, USA

Nov 242014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start intermittently. The vehicle would only start after multiple attempts. The failure recurred multiple times. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 and stated that the parts needed were not available. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available to service the vehicle under the recall. The manufacturer had not been notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Powder Springs, GA, USA

Dec 072014

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 01/09/15 updated 01/13/15

- Kings Park, NY, USA

Dec 062014

Charger

There is a recall I just received in the mail today on my car P60 (alternator) and I was driving down the road yesterday Dec 6, when everything shut down on me...while driving 45 mph in congested traffic almost causing a deadly accident. They said there is no remedy yet but they will put a new defective alternator on my car leaving me in the same situation if this happens again until the problem is resolved. I feel the car should be replaced at their expense as it is no longer safe in my opinion for me to drive with children because we were almost killed yesterday when this happened there was no warning it just went down. Dodge willnot give me a rental car since I am 900 miles over warranty but this is a recall so im stuck with no car and even when I get it back it is still defective. Please help!

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Nov 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the lights on the instrument panel would intermittently flicker off and on. The failure progressed and the vehicle would stall while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken for diagnostic testing at an independent repair facility. The technician stated that the battery was not properly receiving a charge and the alternator would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was not affected by NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

May 112014

Charger 6-cyl

My 2013 Dodge Charger had it's alternator fail at around 12000 miles back in may of 2014. I see that Chrysler has now recalled the car (NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000) for the same issue. However, I have not been able to get a straight answer from them in regards to whether or not the dealer fixed the issue when they replaced the alternator in May 2014 or whether it is still a lingering issue. I also failed to get a response as to whether or not it is safe to drive the vehicle if the issue is still lingering. I tried communicating with them electronically through their website and their 1800 recall number. The 1800 recall number was a waste of time because the lady answering the phone only repeated back information that was part of the public release of the recall. The lady answering the phone also tried to make it seem like its unknown whether or not my vehicle is even part of the recall. That seems strange considering the fact that most alternators do not fail at 12000 miles and my Charger matches the description of vehicles that could be affected by the recall. Given the possible consequences that could occur, I wanted some reassurances from Chrysler that the vehicle was safe to drive.

- Solon, OH, USA

Jun 302014

Charger 6-cyl

While entering the highway, the call stalled and seems as if there was trouble automatically switching gear. At first we thought it was just time for an oil change. So after getting the oil change, the radio and engine went hay-wire. She couldn't shut off the engine for over 30 minutes. When we took the car to the Dodge dealership regarding our issues, they told me they couldn't find anything wrong. I bought this car for my wife and have serious concerns. Clearly there is something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

Sep 052014

Charger 6-cyl

Well I was driving on hallandale beach blvd in South Florida and my Dodge Charger shut off on me after giving me a "battery saver mode" message. I had just picked it up from the dealer and they told me it was a computer issue but my beliefs is that they lied. I went online to look up some information about the message given and many people have complained about it. Please do further investigating on this issue. Luckily I'm still under warranty and I will be in there tomorrow morning to speak to them in person about this issue.

- Pembroke Pines , FL, USA

Jan 232014

Charger

While driving my "AWD" Charger down my hill in the middle of a snow storm my "AWD" system failed on me and illuminated a message stating "service AWD". I pulled over to the side of the road and put the car in park and restarted and AWD was still unavailable. With only rwd I drove the car to the dealership with it spinning out multiple times for them to take a look at the system however when I arrived at the dealership the system began functioning again after shutting my car off there and turning it back on. The technicians were unable to replicate the issue and were not able to find anything wrong with the system. This is dangerous as anyone could be driving and have the AWD system fail on them at any given point intermittently or permanently and needs to be investigated more deeply.

- New Britain, CT, USA

Apr 162014

Charger

On approximately 4/16/2014 while driving my girlfriend attempted to use the seat heater on the front passenger side. When pressing the button on the 8.4 inch screen we were able to hear a click and then the function which as illuminated on the screen turned off. She tried multiple times but the heated seat would not stay on. I had the dealership look up this issue and the following was found: "cs - B1eb2 - 1B R/F seat heater sensor-circuit resistance above threshold, inspected heated seat module connector and heated seat pad connector looks ok, checked for short to voltage circuit P688 ok, checked continuity from module to cushion pad connector circuit P688 no continuity, checked short to ground, circuit is shorted to ground, removed seat inspected wiring, found wiring got rub thru on seat frame. Inspected heat seat cushion pad sensor, found heated seat pad sensor internal failure ordered seat cushion, repair circuit P688, cleared dtcs and check if heated seat is working, seat is still not working, R/F seat is reading that its -40 degrees. Removed seat and replaced passenger front cushion heated element and verify repair". so I was driving around with a heated set where the ground wire rubbed through on the seat frame. Luckily their was fire in the vehicle due to my girlfriend repeatedly pushing the button in an attempted to get the seat to work.

- New Britain, CT, USA