2013 Dodge Charger steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Aug 202016

Charger

Vehicle had a multi-system failure while driving away from a parking lot. Engine did not stall at first. Initially the steering became hard from power steering loss, "service AWD" light came on, "service power steering" light was next, followed by brake system failure. Car was still a little driveable and then it stalled as I was stopping. This vehicle is very dangerous. Vehicle would not restart even though the button start system was telling me to step on the brake and push start. Waited 3 hours for a capable tow truck (due to the AWD). During the wait, the car's instrument panel would come alive, the panel gauges would swipe one time and various noises could be heard as if the car was starting but nothing was going on. This car is extremely dangerous.

- Swoyersville, PA, USA

Jun 182016

Charger

My steering wheel got locked up on a highway going about 55 mph it was so hard to turn the steering wheel but I managed to pull over, the ABS, light came on and it said service power steering system, I turned the car off for about a minute then turned back on and it was back to normal, but a couple weeks later it's doing the same thing in my driveway but now it won't even turn on at all and it just says service power steering system, so I thought maybe the steering pump was bad so I purchased a used one on ebay installed it but still no luck it still wont turn on...

- Palestine, TX, USA

Oct 222013

Charger 6-cyl

I was driving home from work around 2am on Tuesday morning 10/22/2013. I was just coming out of a construction zone and it just turned back to 55mph. I was going approximately 45 mph when all of a sudden I heard something in the front end and the steering wheel began to shake and it started moving back and forth without me moving it. I lost all control over the vehicle and it shot me over towards the right and slammed me into the guardrail. I continued to try to move the wheel to the left to get the car away from the guardrail but the whole car slid up against the guardrail before I could regain control and move the car away from the guardrail. This car was bought on 10/10/2013. I didn't even have it for two full weeks before this happened. There is almost $12,000 worth of damage done to the car. I have filed a claim with Chrysler group regarding this and they inspected the vehicle but according to them there was too much damage to tell exactly what happened so they aren't willing to do anything for me. I am a very experienced and safe driver, someone who has driven tractor trailer over the road for 5 years and if you look at my driving record it would match up with what I am saying. There was something very wrong with that vehicle that night and I could have been seriously hurt or even killed. The fact that my wife and I bought this car less than two weeks before the accident and Chrysler wants nothing to do with it is very disheartening. And I now have to keep driving this same car and worry every single day that something like this is going to happen again.

- Rome, NY, USA