2013 Dodge Charger suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

May 242016

I have a 2013 Dodge Charger V6. At around 45K miles I noticed a wobbly sound coming from the front end of my car when driving straight at a slow speed. The car didn't feel or drive wobbly it just sounded wobbly. Because my car is no longer under warranty I didn't want to have to pay the outrageous fee the dealership would charge to diagnose the problem so I took it to local mechanic shop instead. They told me the lower control arm bushings needed to be replaced. I was a bit surprised to learn this because bushings going out at only 45K miles is very premature. I did some research on this specific issue to find that lots of people are experiencing this problem. Police officers who drive 2009 - 2014 Dodge Chargers are having to replace the tension struts on both sides every 15-20 thousand miles due the bushings being torn. Chrystler should be responsible for the financial burden of replacing these parts not the consumer.

- Shalimar, FL, USA

Jul 172014

Charger 8-cyl

2011-2014 Dodge Charger tension strut. I am the fleet parts manager at a municipality in Texas. We currently have approximately 100 Dodge Chargers ranging from 2009-2014. We are having to replace the tension struts on both sides every 15-20 thousand miles due the bushings being torn. Dodge will not recognize this problem and will not warranty these tension struts after the first time...something really needs to be done as the failure rate is alarming to me and the officers that drive these cars everyday.

- Irving, TX, USA

Oct 222013

Charger 6-cyl

I was driving home from work around 2am on Tuesday morning 10/22/2013. I was just coming out of a construction zone and it just turned back to 55mph. I was going approximately 45 mph when all of a sudden I heard something in the front end and the steering wheel began to shake and it started moving back and forth without me moving it. I lost all control over the vehicle and it shot me over towards the right and slammed me into the guardrail. I continued to try to move the wheel to the left to get the car away from the guardrail but the whole car slid up against the guardrail before I could regain control and move the car away from the guardrail. This car was bought on 10/10/2013. I didn't even have it for two full weeks before this happened. There is almost $12,000 worth of damage done to the car. I have filed a claim with Chrysler group regarding this and they inspected the vehicle but according to them there was too much damage to tell exactly what happened so they aren't willing to do anything for me. I am a very experienced and safe driver, someone who has driven tractor trailer over the road for 5 years and if you look at my driving record it would match up with what I am saying. There was something very wrong with that vehicle that night and I could have been seriously hurt or even killed. The fact that my wife and I bought this car less than two weeks before the accident and Chrysler wants nothing to do with it is very disheartening. And I now have to keep driving this same car and worry every single day that something like this is going to happen again.

- Rome, NY, USA