2014 Dodge Charger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 122014

Charger

Went in to work drop some papers off, come out car want do anything. Had to call tow truck to get towed in. Took about a week for them to find what was wrong with it. My computer system shut down. From the time I got it back, up into June of 2015. When turning on windshield wipers dems the entire inside lights. One day coming home from work, the inside goes black on dash board, come to a stop car shuts off. Started right back up. Radio didn't come back on for a few minutes. The next morning go to ruin errands, same thing. To the dealership I goes. They keep it look it over gives me a call and says it is the alternator which had a recall, we put a new one in there, the battery connector has to be replace. Get my car back same problem, stalling out, if hit a bump radio adjust loud as ever or very low. Key fob not reading, lights still dems. Put the connector on still the same problem. Took it back in two days later new radio, new key fob, new radio. Get my car back still having the same problem, want me to bring it back every time this happen who has time for that. Still same problems going on why this junk hasn't been recalled.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

May 062015

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle lost all power. The failure also occurred when making turns. There were no warning lights illuminated. The failure occurred daily. The dealer was unable to locate a failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,100.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Apr 172015

Charger

Today I was driving the car in it didn't want to catch speed I only had this car for four months I purchase this car in December when I got home I push the car to turn it off they car made a loud nose for about ten minutes it when I put the car in park it's loud 17,500 is not fair to me to pay for a car that is causing so much trouble on April 15,2015 the car wouldn't turn off we had to constantly push the off button I want my car fix I'm very I'll in has a lot of doctor visits in I can't depend of this vehicle.

- Saginaw, MI, USA

Feb 202015

Charger 6-cyl

Recall for alternator. Bought this car in februray 2015 and salesman informed me there was a recall but I have received nothing by mail.

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Mar 182015

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 032015

Charger 8-cyl

I was at a traffic light the light turn green I went to accelerate black smoke came out the tail pipe the car stalled then cut off it was towed to the dealership in which it stayed for several days got a call that it was ready picked it up on February 11th drove home parked it till that Friday which was the 13th driving to work it was driving funny I stopped to let a truck pass by after the truck passed went to accelerate car wouldn't move tried to accelerate again car wouldn't move it wouldn't go in park it wouldn't nothing by this time the engine light came on the dash read press clutch and push start well guess what there is no clutch then battery saver mode came on the retraction light came on and then it shut off then service park assist system came on as well.... I got out because it was in the middle of the road so for my safety I left it there finally a few guys stopped pushed it to safety till the tow truck arrived it was towed to the dealer again which they kept until Friday the 20th I refused to drive it so the dealer had someone to drive it to my home at that time I pleaded with Chrysler to let me keep the rental car because I had a funeral I had to attend on Saturday 21st they told me no that my car was ready and if I didn't drive it they would consider it to be abandoned so I said ok but I would be very upset if I missed this funeral! so drove to the house as we lined up for the funeral everyone one was in place as we proceed to leave the house for the funeral guest I went to accelerate and my car would not move it cut off in the middle of the funeral line I was so embarrassed I didn't know what to do so needless to say I missed the funeral and the graveside service as well and as of today Friday 27th my car is still at the dealership with no answers !!! it's simply just give me a new car if I wanted a lemon I would have brought one.

- Calera, AL, USA

Dec 012014

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pheonix, AZ, USA

Nov 172014

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not able to restart. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer on two occasions where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact also mentioned that the vehicle stereo failed and was replaced on four occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 15,000.

- Ne Minneannnapolis, MN, USA

Dec 042014

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and stated that part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Leland, NC, USA

Nov 222014

Charger 6-cyl

Battery saver message went on. Lights flickered.since there is an upcoming recall on alternator with the 2014 models manufactured April 22, 2010, to January 2, 2014 and my cars manufactured date is may of 2014 I hope you will include all 2014 models for the recall. Although my alternator has yet to completely fail the history of the current failures began with battery saver messages and electrical problems. I would like to get this resolved before my car loses power on the highway with my 3 children in it and possible getting hurt. Also if the alternator in this car is different than the recall and is showing problems in my car Dodge might be replacing the current recall alternators with the alternator in my car.

- Commack, NY, USA

Aug 262014

Charger

Radio shut off and would not turn on while driving to destination. Once I got to my destination, I had the car in park, but the engine still turned on. All of the gauges in the dashboard started going crazy and then the inside lights started flashing. The car then shut off and had absolutely no power whatsoever. Could not even put my car in "neutral" to move it out of the middle of the road because it is "push to start" and has no way of getting power to the transmission to be able to put it in neutral. I was in the middle of the road waiting for Dodge's roadside assistance to get there from 12:00 am until 5:30 am. The tow truck eventually came and took it to the nearest dealership to find out that my alternator went out and completely drained the battery as well. My car was only 3 thousand miles outside of the 36K bumper to bumper warranty and only 2 years old. Well timed, Dodge!! way to get out of paying for your mistakes!!

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Sep 252014

Charger 6-cyl

The vehicle was parked and unoccupied at a car dealership when a fire started in the interior cab. The whole interior of the vehicle is severly damaged. The vehicle is at amtx services Inc.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 062014

Charger

Engine light came on while driving. Took it in for service and dealer stated that it's an O2 sensor malfunction. Dealer had the car for 2 days. They claimed that they replaced all O2 sensors. Engine light came on again after 1 week. Took it back to the same dealer and they stated that the software had to be upgraded. After 3 days, check engine light came on again. Took it back to the same dealer and they stated that the wiring harness has to be change. Service person said that he would have to order parts and as soon as it arrives. He will contact us. After 4 days, we called the dealership and they said that the service person that took care of us from day 1 had been terminated. Spoke to a new service person and he stated that he 's not aware of this problem. We insisted that the car be diagnose as soon as possible and gave us an appointment on 7/19/14. In the mean time, the car cannot be driven too far. Performance of the car is very erratic and would feel that it would shut off. Although, service person stated that is ok to be driven.

- Bridgewater, NJ, USA