2014 Dodge Charger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Oct 142014

Charger 6-cyl

I have a 2014 Dodge Charger SXT with the 3.6 V6 engine and the new 8 speed transmission. The transmission is not shifting properly; when it is cold, the engine will rev-up between shifts, and it has severe downshifts. When the temperature, (ambient and vehicle), is normal the up-shift problem goes away but the downshifting problem still remains, (at times)! I have taken it back for repairs 3 times, (for this problem), and nothing has helped. This is a very nice vehicle and I want to be able to keep it and enjoy it, but this problem is sure ruining an otherwise nice vehicle. I have been told that this transmission has been very troublesome since it`S introduction and I am wondering if a recall is pending?? if not, it should be!!!!!!! the last time I let the vehicle with my dealer, they said that they "couldn't duplicate the problem", even though the technician that always works on my vehicles, admits that he heard and felt the problems that I describe. I made a complaint to Chrysler and they basically told me to get lost ! they said that the service manager, (at the dealership), said that there is nothing wrong with my vehicle, that is the way this transmission is supposed to operate !!!!!!! unbelievable !!!!!

- Cuyahoga Falls, OH, USA