2014 Dodge Charger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 132016

Charger

My 2014 Dodge Charger is brand new off the lot of lhm Dodge in tucson, AZ. By 13,978 my car smelled like sulfur while in motion. Driving sluggishly, and the "battery saver mode" light on. Brought into larry H miller for repair. Was told the alternator needed replaced after 13,975 miles on the vehicle. At 14,100 miles the vehicle was making the same smell, and the battery safer mode light was on again. Returned it to lhm with complaints. They say "it's normal" manager told me "Dodge just didn't make the alternator big enough for that engine, manufacturer flaw"at 14,432 miles, the vehicle not blowing cold air. Battery saver mode light was still on, smelled like sulfur and car was driving sluggish. I opened case with corporate. They "fixed" it, and sent me on my way. On June 17, 2016, my vehicle was driving sluggishly, the engine light on, called Dodge immediately and was assigned a case manager. I called jim click immediately to get my vehicle in. My vehicle was 23,900 miles. Dodge claimed they could not get me in until July 1st and that its "fine to drive my vehicle as long as the light isn't flashing". brought in for "repair" on June 1st. I drove a rental car from Friday June 1st-June 8th, the "cluster" in the dash was not reading and needed to be replaced. I was told it was "all fixed". when the vehicle pulled up I got in and began to pull away as my dashboard went black. I turned around. My advisor brought it back and explained that it needed to be "reset" but that he'll order a new cluster. I get into my vehicle there is an "error" sign where the milage is supposed to be. I that I didn't feel comfortable driving this vehicle. I expressed how upset I was about the situation and he said to me "you'll be fine to drive it, it won't shut off". I get home started it, and the entire dash shuts off. My car is now being towed again to jim click Dodge.

- Oro Valley, AZ, USA

Mar 012016

Charger

2014 Dodge Charger. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle acceleration issues. The consumer stated when he exited the vehicle, it rolled and crashed into the side of a building.

- Jefferson City, MO, USA

Jan 062016

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving down a steep hill with the cruise control set to 73 mph, the vehicle began to increase in speed to 90 mph without warning. The contact also stated that he felt unsafe in the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure could not be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 11,000.

- Barstow, CA, USA

Nov 252015

Charger

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Charger. While driving at approximately 60 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle slowed down, which caused the contact to lose control and crash into a ditch. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the neck, chest, and head. Medical attention was required. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000.

- Hesteria, CA, USA

Oct 252015

Charger

While driving on a town road at about 35 mph, the warning lights for the ABS and ESC systems lit. I subsequently determined that the vehicle cruise control also no longer functioned. I contacted Chrysler since the vehicle recently had a recall performed for alternator replacement, and symptoms included in that recall - Chrysler P60 / NHTSA 14V-634 - indicate that modes of failure may include disabling ABS and ESC. Chrysler stated that "sometimes they may need to do the recall again". brought vehicle to dealer. Diagnosed as a sensor failure. I had to pay for repairs.service writer stated that this failure happens on these cars quite frequently, and even "guessed" correctly what needed to be replaced before the tech worked on it. ESC and ABS are both significant safety systems.

- Leland, NC, USA

Jul 152015

Charger

Two of the lights on the instrument cluster warning were on:ESC(electronic stability control) and ABS.I took my car for service at the dealer and I was told to leave it for repairs. After four days I received a phone call which I got informed that the replacement part was out of stock and it need to be order and they told me that even though the car needed repairs it was safe to drive it until the part arrives.after two weeks, I visited again the dealer and the part was not there and now and I have to wait and I also needed to be place in a waiting list in which I would have number 254 (those are the amount of cars which needs to replaced the same part). In my last visited to the dealer I informed that the car is worse because now it has strange vibration when pressing the brake and makes noise. After all this issues is very hard for me and I can feel safe driving the car.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

Nov 222013

Charger 8-cyl

I recently purchased a new Dodge Charger which is equipped with the adaptive cruise control accessory. The operation of this control is a safety problem as follows: For example, I set the speed for 55 mph on the highway which cruises the automobile at this speed. I then arrive at a 65 mph limit stretch of road and so I accelerate by pressing the res/+control to accelerate the vehicle to 65 mph. With all previous cruise controls, when I stop pressing this control at 65 mph, the speed stabilizes. With this acc, it continues to accelerate like a rocket until I cancel, turn off the cruise control or hit the brakes. The reverse also applies if I wish to slow down, removing the pressure on the set/-does nothing and the vehicle still continues to slow down. It is possible to switch from the acc to normal cruise control, but this problem is still apparent. I am now almost familiar with this problem and can act accordingly, but my wife drives the vehicle occasional and she has problems because her own vehicle does not operate in a similar manner to this cruise control. I am sure that other occasional drivers find this problematic, and it appears to be an accident waiting to happen if it hasn't already. I have taken this to the dealer several times over the last six months, and they contacted Chrysler. Initially, Chrysler asked for the control hardware be shipped to them for analysis. This was done by the dealer but Chrysler informed us they could not find a problem. With my latest visit I was informed that it is supposed to operate in this fashion, but the handbook does not mention any of these control issues.

- Springboro, OH, USA