2014 Dodge Charger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Charger:

2014 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jan 152015

While driving on the highway at 65mph the vehicle shut off and I lost power steering. I was barely able to avoid being hit during heavy morning traffic. Once stopped I was unable to get the vehicle to restart and needed to be towed to the dealer.

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jul 302014

Charger 6-cyl

Ever since purchasing this vehicle there has been a clunking noise and the whole car moves whenever putting in gear or putting in park. And there is a loud clunk. I went to purchase gas at a shell station( I only use shell premium gas) and went inside to pay for the gas. I came back hit the fuel door release button and went to the pump. I went to place the nozzle in my tank and the metal plate that covers the fuel tank wouldnt not move. I called my husband and he came to help me and there was no way to get the plate open. I called the dealership where I bought the car and was told that they had never heard anything like that had I tried to put diesel in my tank. I am a former truck driver and know the difference between diesel and regular gas. And that was not the issue. The dealership also could not figure out what the problem is. I went to a station that has a mechanic and he used a tool and was able to unlock it so that we could fill up the tank. I am not currently driving the car until the dealership can get it in to be repaired because if I did run out of gas there is no way for me to put gas in the vehicle. So I am stuck without a vehicle even though I have a brand new car with less than 5,000 miles on it. This is ridiculous because no one seems to know how to fix the problem. And all the dealerships in the houston area have a 4 -5 day wait time for them to even look at my car.

- Houston, TX, USA