6.0

1. idle control valve needs to be relaced (1 reports)
1996 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Dakota:

1996 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 082010

Dakota Sport 3.9L V6

Only complaint I had was be able to see the back of the throttle. I had to twist and turn my head and bend over the hood to get to the back of it.

- , Crawfordville, FL, USA

Jun 022008

Dakota SLT 3.9L

My truck will run fine for days. Then I'll be stopped at stop light and it will just idle down and die. I have to two-foot it for a about 5 minutes and everything is fine. Other times it will idle up to 2000rpms. I changed the throttle position sensor. (no luck)

- , Arnold, MO, USA