5.3

1998 Dodge Dakota AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Dakota:

1998 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jun 112013

Dakota V6

I only noticed this problem because I was wearing sandals. But every time I was driving or even riding as a passenger and would turn a corner, freezing cold water would drip onto my feet. I'm thinking it may just be too much condensation because of such temperature differences from the outside and the inside. But I've never been in a vehicle that had this problem, not old or new. The problem with it dripping is that I think it's leaving the carpet slightly damp and is causing a bad musky smell, which I know is mold growing.

So after the last time I used the A/C, I patted the carpet dry, sprayed the carpet with a bleach/water solution, and parked the truck in the yard, with the doors open and the sun shining directly on the damp carpet floorboard.

Everything was fine until the winter when water started collecting on the floor from somewhere...........but that's a whole separate complaint/problem, which I already submitted under, "Water leaking into Interior". Please go read that one too, maybe someone can help figure this all out.

- , Powder Springs, GA, USA

Jul 162009

Dakota 5.2L V8

everytime i turn on the air condition it leaks on the fuckn floor i cant figure out where its coming from it gets up under my skin wen my passenger has to put there feet in fuckn water

- , Boones Mill, VA, USA

Aug 212005

Dakota

The antifreeze is entering through the air conditioning vents. I'm guessing there is a leak somewhere, but I don't know where to start looking for the problem and was wondering if there is a normal problem involving the system.

- , Wantage, NJ, USA