1998 Dodge Dakota body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Dakota:

1998 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 032013

Dakota V6

When I inherited the car in May 2013 from my Dad in WA state, it smelled slightly musky, but I thought it was because it hadn't been driven in a year and been "sitting out" in such a wet and cold environment. We drove it all the way to GA in June 2013, where it was already hot and steamy.

I didn't really see a huge "water in the floor" problem until the first week in Dec 2013, when it had rained for several days in a row. There was about a 1/4" of water in the front floorboard on the passenger side and a horrible, musky, dirty smell. I thought there may have been cracks in the rubber seals where the window rolls up & where the door comes together when closed, but surprisingly, they were all in excellent condition. I even tested for a "Door Leak" with direct water spray coming from a high pressure nozzle on the hose. NO Leaks there. So I towel soaked up all the standing water, sprayed the carpet with a bleach/water solution, and parked the truck in the yard, with the door open and the sun shining directly on the wet carpet floorboard, for 4 hrs that day and 4 hrs the next day.

Now the "Gray" carpet on that passenger side has Pink tones to it from the bleach water solution that I used. But, it was dry, the smell was gone, and NO RAIN in the forecast, for an entire week. It was just cold, cold, cold. Temps between about 28* to 58* within that week. At the end of that DRY week I noticed that the Damn floor was getting wet again. I only drove the truck 3 times, for less than an hour round trip each. Never needed or used the Heat or A/C. The vehicle is running fine, no engine light, no rattling anywhere, or visible leaking anywhere, either while driving or when I feel up under the dash above the wet floor.

I just don't get it, what the HELL is going on here? It's freaking me out!!!! Somebody please tell me you know what is wrong!?!?!?!!!!

- , Powder Springs, GA, USA

Sep 152010

Dakota 4x4 5.2L

i have water ,that looks like it is coming over the vent or seeping in some how . anybody have any idea....thanks shad

- , Cerscent City, CA, USA