8.0

1. replace the brake plate; hard to find part (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Dakota:

1998 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 182009

Dakota 4.4 V6

When the brakes went out, it was before Christmas holiday. The fluid began to leak out and I almost missed my turn because I couldn't stop. When I had a mechanic look at the problem, he was amazed at how the brake plate pulled back away from wheel hub and how it snapped the bolts off the calipers. It looked like a major accident happened but I never hit anything or anyone.

- , Omak, WA, USA