8.0

1. replace whole rear end: hard to find parts (1 reports)
1998 Dodge Dakota drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Dakota:

1998 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 202009

Dakota 4.4 V6

After the ordering the brake parts my mechanic went into the axle to replace the e-brake cable and found chips of metal floating in the gear oil of the axle housing. My axle was bad. There were no signs of it going out or warnings. I am amazed that I didn't end up in an accident somewhere on the highway.

My biggest complaint is the hardship it is to find Dodge Dakota 4x4 parts of ANY kinda, ANY where! There needs to be an easier way to fix this style of Dodge.

- , Omak, WA, USA