4.0

1999 Dodge Dakota accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Dakota:

1999 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Oct 132010

Dakota SLT

My Dakota has been good to me and it is not my first one. I love the truck to death and it has been extremely reliable. It does have very high miles because it has been used as a storm chasing truck, but it has been more than taken care of. The four wheel drive is used regularly through out the winter and I've never had a problem with it. It has never been taken off road and beaten for enjoyment. I recently took it down to the local kids mudding trail to get to the river to go fishing. On my way down i didn't even use the four wheel drive because it wasn't even enough to get my tires dirty. On the way out there was a fairly steep loose gravel incline so i put it in 4x4 part time to make sure i wasn't going to have any problems. When i got to the top i put it back in 2 wheel, waited a second then quickly tapped the gas to make sure 4 wheel was off, it was. Now my 4 wheel part time light wont shut off. Its really gonna piss me off cuz the truck is near mint condition and i dont feel i should have this problem at all. The transfer case is disengaged and its not in 4 wheel. What the hell is going on?

- , Kronenwetter, WI, USA