8.0

1. buy anything but a Dodge (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Dakota drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Dakota:

1999 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Oct 062005

Dakota Sport

Here we are again and I know what some of you are thinking..... "With 178000 miles, why the hell doesnt he get rid of it??" Well folks, my company seems to have an unlimited supply of funds to keep this piece of crap on the road. This time the front diff went out on me up in the mountains on the way to a remote microwave site in 3 inches of snow on a steep incline. 4wd would have been great but I had to slide all over in 2wd to get there. I gimped this pile of s--t home and the garage has it. I think this is the last piece of the drivetrain that hasnt been replaced, so it stands to reason it went out.

- , Midvale, ID, USA