7.7

$2,712.00

1. have Dodge actually build something thats worth the money!! (2 reports)
  3. build something decent (1 reports)
  4. make a better freakin' tranny!!!! (1 reports)
1999 Dodge Dakota transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Dodge Dakota:

1999 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Sep 292012

Dakota Sport V6

I HAVE TWO DODGE VEHICLES ONE THIS ONE ALREADY HAD TRANSMISSION REPLACED TWICE. MY VAN'S TRAN IS SLIPPING FROM REVERSE WHEN I BACK UP THEN TRY TO SHIFT TO DRIVE! THIS IS BULL SH*T! MAKE BETTER TRANSMISSIONS FOR THESE VEHICLES!

- , Martin, OH, USA

Dec 232006

Dakota Sport 3.9

I've had two of these trucks trans on the first one started going up trade in for 06 Altima still own one transmission slipping from 2nd to 3rd with 90,000 miles. talked to lots of people dodge needs to recall this tranny due to poor circulation causing it to overheat the tranny and it fails! this is bull crap! something needs to be done about this!

- , Elkridge, MD, USA

May 052008

Dakota SLT 5.2L V8 Magnum

I dont know why all you guys have had such a problem with your Dakota's. I absolutely love my Dakota i have had it since i was 16 and i am the second owner. it is a 1999 dodge Dakota SLT with a 5.2 V8 Magnum engine. there is 184,000 miles. I have had absolutely no problems with any part of my truck. Your trucks must have ben a lemon and that sucks for you!!!!

- , Scotttsdale, AZ, USA

Dakota Sport

This is ridiculous. This is obviously the biggest piece of s--t to ever come out of Detroit or whever this pile of crap is made. This is a company vehicle and has been nothing but trouble from the day we bought it off the showroom floor of the dealer. See my other lists for the on-going repairs we have had to sink a pile of money into to keep this junker on the road. NO MORE DODGES!!

Dakota Sport

What can I say? Its a Dodge. A cheap piece of crap. You know what they say... If you cant afford it, Dodge it. This is the second tranny that has failed in this steaming pile. We dont tow with this anymore due to problems we had with the last tranny. Anyone want to target practice on this piece of s--t?

Dakota Sport

Well, Im back again with another blown tranny. This time it happened up in the mountains and took 6 hours to be towed out. The last tranny was replaced at about 80,000 so I guess maybe I shouldnt complain except for the fact that my company is cheap and keeps pouring a ton of cash into this pile of crap.