4.0

1. replace timing chain (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Dakota:

2000 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Sep 152008

Dakota SLT 3.9L V6

I WAS HEARING A TICKING SOUND THAT I THOUGHT WAS THE LIFTERS OR ROCKER ARMS. TOOK VALVE COVERS OFF CHECKED IT OUT WASN'T THAT. CHECKED FOR EXHAUST LEAKS COULDN'T FIND ANY. GOT A SECOND OPINION. HE SAID IT WAS A SLOPPY TIMING CHAIN BUT IT DIDN'T SOUND LIKE IT TO ME. WASN'T SURE WHAT TO DO SO I REPLACED TIMING CHAIN AND GEARS MYSELF BECAUSE THAT TICKING DROVE ME BONKERS. THAT FIXED THE TICKING PROBLEM,I WAS SUPRISED THAT WAS THE PROBLEM I WOULD OF NEVER THOUGHT THAT WAS IT JUST DIDN'T SOUND LIKE IT. IWAS A LITTLE EMBARRESED BECAUSE I HAVE REBUILT 5 OF MY OWN ENGINES IN THE PAST AND THOUGHT I UNDERSTOOD ENGINES PRETTY GOOD.

- , Bedrock, IN, USA