8.0

1. changed spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor (2 reports)
2000 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Dakota:

2000 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Oct 162010

Dakota 3.9L

i tried to find out what the problem was, everything from a standard tune up to auto choke (if it has one) to the float, i was trying everything i could afford and nothing worked, than i found you guy's and was able to have it fixed for just the price of parts, needed new spark plugs wires, distributor cap and coil wire, thanks if tina hadn't had the same problem, i would still be pulling my hair out (what little i had)

- , Oceanside, CA, USA

Feb 012008

Dakota

I've got a 2000 Dodge Dakota 3.7 V8. About two months ago, it wouldn't start if I turned it off after driving it, then tried to turn it back on again. After 45 minutes to an hour it starts up again on the first try. I've asked around and some people think pressure building up against the pistons, others think it has something to do with the temperature. Any ideas? If so where can I get this problem fixed?

- , Texas, TX, USA

Sep 112007

Dakota

I had changed the plugs in my truck at about 33,000 miles. A few weeks ago it started not starting on the first try. It sometimes would take 3 or 5 times. So I went out and got new plugs so they could be changed again. I went out Sunday and it would not start at all. So in changing the plugs we found that I needed new wires, cap, and rotor. It starts on the first try now.

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA