7.3

2000 Dodge Dakota steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Dakota:

2000 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Oct 142013

Dakota Sport 3.9L

I had the upper and lower ball joints replaced for $600.00 at a AAA shop on Union Street in Rockland MA. I previously had tie rod ends replaced believing this was the cause of loose steering yet the problem is still very apparent. The steering wheel pops when turning and then catches. I have been told by quite a few people that the intermediate drive shaft is definitely the issue, Aren't there any recalls on this I can't afford to keep paying to pay for a defect that Dodge should have had fixed, I had already read of several cases where this has been a definite concern of dodge truck owners. For Pete's sake Dodge take responsibility

for you mistakes and fix this!!!

Oct 182013

Dakota Sport 3.9L

I have had both sides, upper and lower ball joints replaced along with both tie-rod ends. I am still having a lot of play with steering. I have spoken with a few mechanics and most agree that the intermediate shaft is an ongoing issue with these trucks.

Why has there not been a safety recall on this problem? I can see the steering in these vehicles is an ongoing issue and yet nothing has been done to resolve it. I cannot afford to keep sinking money into a bad investment. Dodge, stand behind your trucks and fix what you already know is a safety problem that may cause someone their life!!!

Jul 012013

Dakota Sport 3.9L

I have had the upper and lower ball joints replaced, tie rod ends...had someone look at steering shaft and you can visibly see the extensive play near u-joint....an ongoing problem with this particular part. This is definitely a safety issue. I want to know if there is a recall on this part.. It will definitely need to be fixed because I will not allow my grand kids in the truck and risk their lives when the steering lets go.