5.7

1. get Dodge to extend recall to cover 2000 (3 reports)
  2. replace ball joints (3 reports)
2000 Dodge Dakota suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Dakota:

2000 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Nov 142006

Dakota Sport 4.7

I have now replaced the driver side lower ball joint once, and the passenger side lower ball joint TWICE!!! Also, both upper ball joints were replaced (recall item, so Dodge paid). I have accumulated nearly a million miles on Honda's and NEVER replaced a single ball joint.

- , Chippewa Falls, WI, USA

May 232004

Dakota

Left upper front "BALL JOINT wore out at 37,750 miles.. I believe that Chrysler[DODGE DIVISION]has had a large number of ball joints go bad just after the 36,000 mile warranty ran out.. I think this is a "Bad Can of Worms with Dodge Division"..

- , Trenton, MI, USA

Dec 142004

Dakota 4.7L V8 Mpi

Recently purchased a 2000 Dodge Dakota and have certainly had my issues, however have forced the dealer to take care of everything under the Used Car Lemon Law.

Just wanted to share some information with everyone. Dodge DID issue a safety recall for the Upper Ball Joints on 12/14/1004 and my local dealer has been more than willing to take care of the issue. Additional open recall on my particular vehicle is the Truck's Clockspring.

For those of you experiencing problems with this, you can go to www.dodge.com, click on "for owners", enter your vin # and the open recall list will be listed immediately with details.

Hope this helps!safety recall has been issued by dodge for 2000 dakota

- , Wantage, NJ, USA

Feb 092007

Dakota 4.7 V8

I had my ball joints replaced about 50,000 miles ago for about $750.00 and I drove my truck about 35,000 miles last year and now I am having similar loud noises when I turn and when I release the brakes on the other side. Not looking forward to my trip to the shop this weekend. This truck is a money pit.

- , McDonough, GA, USA

Jul 202004

Dakota

I will now be buying a Toyota or Nissan. I have had it with American cars. I owned a car made in the 60's, its ball joints lasted longer than the junk they made this out of.

- , Columbia, SC, USA

May 312004

Dakota SLT

Ball joints are bad in these trucks. Older models recalled for this, why not this year?

- , Princeton, NJ, USA