4.2

2001 Dodge Dakota accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Feb 152010

Dakota

The heat quit working in our 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab. It would not work on any of the blower settings. I began looking up possible solutions to the problem. I replaced the fuse, and it still didn't work. I also replaced the resistor. While looking online for other options, I realized that many vehicles from Dodge from that year and surrounding years had a common problem. Everyone had mentioned the wiring harness was melted. Sure enough, I went and checked and it was melted just before where the resistor plugs in.

- Vermilion , OH, USA

Aug 092001

Dakota 4WD

No air flows through vents from outside vehicle. You can tell because, when driving with windows up, no air comes inside with dial set for vent. Blower moves air around, but won't bring air in. Took to dealer, they said it's normal since they drove another new vehicle and it does the same. Possible hazard because of potential carbon monoxide buildup in unvented vehicle?

- Denver, CO, USA

Aug 092001

- Denver, CO, USA

Apr 152001

Dakota 4WD

The problem that I have with this truck is the windows all fog/frost up including the front windshield. The defroster/heater is not sufficiant enough to clear the windows. I have brought this to the attention of the dealership several times and have requested the cancelation of my contract with them. I feel that it is very unsafe to travel this way but have had to several times. If I roll the windows down it will clear the fog off but does not clear the frost but as soon as I roll the window back up they fog/frost up again.

- Seward, AK, USA