2001 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Mar 152005

Dakota 6-cyl

I ben having a problem with a number of front suspension and especially front brake problems which began about four months after purchase of the vehicle. The dealership absolutely refuses to investigate my problems. I nearly lost control of my vehicle at high speed on two different occasions. If there had been heavy traffic it would have resulted in a crash. I am about O replace my third set of front brake pads as they are unevenly wearing on the rotors. I have vibration in the front end constantly, and at 30 mph and above heavy sound of "clunking."

- Alsip, IL, USA