2001 Dodge Dakota drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Nov 172004

Dakota 4WD 8-cyl

I just replaced the ball joints on my 2001 Dakota. They were very loose and had alot of "play". I'm lucky I got mine repaired before it caused an accident like others I've recently heard about. I've also replaced the front drive shaft, rear U-joints and rear differential all within the last year. I have to believe that all this is related. I'm probably up over $3,000 in repairs for these things.

- Freeland, MI, USA