2001 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 272004

Dakota SLT 4.7L

my 2001 Dodge Quad Cab started having engine problems early. The check engine light came on at only 64,000. miles. Chrysler was quick to tell me it was an oxygen sensor and was not covered under warranty, but the price was $990.00 to fix. I paid it and then on my next trip the check engine light came back on. We went back to the same dealer and they said it was another oxygen sensor and another $990.00. This happened five times. I asked the dealer how many I had and they said six. I looked it up in a repair manual and found I had four. We also found oxygen sensors for a dodge dakota at the autozone for around 30 bucks along with a tool to change them. But My mechanic at Unical found the culprit was a dirty pvc valve setting off the check engine light the whole time.

- , Cathedral City, CA, USA