3.6

2001 Dodge Dakota exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Sep 022008

Dakota

Studs on exhaust manifold broke causing exhaust gases to enter the cab of the truck.

- Oxford, MA, USA

Apr 242001

Dakota 6-cyl

Ever since I purchased the vehicle, while using the A/C, I have noticed a bad oder.his oder is noticable once the A/C has cooled down the interior. I would describe he oder as a "powdery chemical" smell. When I took the vehical in for routine maintainance, I asked about it and was told "we wil look in to it" and the problem is still unresolved. I want to know if this smell is dangerus because I have two young infants as well as my wife I am concerned about.

- Desert Hot Springs, CA, USA

Jun 172001

Dakota 4WD

Eimissions control system. In shop 8 times or about every two weeks for the same problem. Dealer has replaced parts to no avail.

- Harrisonburg, VA, USA