2001 Dodge Dakota steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Mar 152007

Dakota V8

Dealer replaced both upper ball joints, reset toe on Jan 6, 2005 (car mileage was 19,700) under safety recall D47. I have had no problems, but today ( March 15, 2007) my dealer said I had a leak from the power steering rack and pinion and estimates $900 to repair. I drive the truck gently on paved roads and garage it and it only has 25,600 miles on it. I wonder if the recall repair or the ball joint problem contributed to this leak. Please help me.

- , Alexandria, MN, USA