6.9

2001 Dodge Dakota wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Nov 172003

Dakota

During a periodic maintenance check it was found that three of the four tires were separating at the bead.

- Herald, CA, USA

Jul 072003

Dakota

Owner of 2001 Dodge Dakota P/U, with Wrangler St tires, at 10000 miles tires cracked around rim, Goodyear store only adjusted the front ones, which he said were cracked. The rear, he called dry rotting, normal wear and tear. The front tires 8000 miles later are cracked. I called westchase tire and auto, in houston, Texas and the store manager mentioned that it was strange that this had occured again. I checked the NHTSA site and found the same type of failures were being reported since several years back. I am positive that neither Goodyear nor Dodge will fess up to any problems with these tires. I just hope that loss of lives do not occur before action is taken. I will have these tires replaced once more and see how long they will last this time.

- Richmond, TX, USA