2002 Dodge Dakota brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Dakota:

2002 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 022006

Dakota 4WD 6-cyl

When I drove off with my parking break set it sheared off the grade 8 bolts that hold the brakes to the axle. Resulting in the rear brake assembly spinning and tearing off the brake lines and breaking the brake cable. I had no rear brakes or emergency brake. Cost $1200 to repair.

- Rochelle, IL, USA

Dec 022006

Dakota 4WD 8-cyl

I set my parking brake. Forgot it was set and moved my truck the brake held to the point it broke all 8 bolts holding the backing plates causing the entire brake backing plate wheel cylinder, shoes and drum to spin breaking the brake lines and brake cable. Resulting in on rear brakes. The cost to repair $1219.83. Thank god it did not brake when I was driving on the highway.

- Rochelle, IL, USA