2002 Dodge Dakota wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Dakota:

2002 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Feb 062003

Dakota

Goodyear tires: I purchased a 2002 Dodge Dakota in June, 2002. From day 1, I had trouble steering. After 3 trips to the dealer, I learned today that the Goodyear tires were defective. I was told to immediately get new tires. The Goodyear dealer was unresponsive to my need. It was obvious that he did not want to deal with defective tires. I went immediately to a Michelin (sp) dealer and purchased 4 new tires. The Michelin folks could insert a car key fully inside splits that were in my tires. I found news reports of abc investigating Goodyear but obviously this is not getting to the public, either through the media or dealers. No incident but only because I took the truck in for an oil change and again complained about difficulty keeping the truck on the road. This complaint is sent in hopes that an investigation will start. I was told that the tires were from a "bad batch". how many tires are in a batch and where are the other tires? please respond and let me know the appropriate actions to take. I was most fortunate because I drive 70 mph on interstate-10 daily. The oil change may have prevented an accident and perhaps my life. Respectfully, patricia hunter

- Jacksonville, FL, USA