2. replace blower fan and wiring (1 reports)
  3. replace wiring harness (1 reports)
2003 Dodge Dakota AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Dakota:

2003 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

May 062006

Dakota 3.9L V6

I have no long term fix for this. I bought the truck new and I've had problems with the blower (heater/AC) motor. The wiring for the blower resistor becomes very hot once you set the blower switch on the dashboard above 3. I've replaced the harness 3 times and the resistor at least 5 times. The dealer informed me that Chrysler only warrants the work for ONE year. I have asked him to feel the wiring hardness with the blower running on the highest speed and he agreed it was too hot and would definitely melt if left running for any period of time. His recommendation is to run the blower on the slowest speed possible. I will acknowledge that in each succeeding time I've had the blower replaced, he has charged me less.

I'm amazed these trucks haven't burned up in large numbers.

- , Middletown, NJ, USA

Nov 012014

Dakota Sport 4.7L V8

So far I have no fix for the 6 months I've owned the truck I have replaced the harness twice, the blower motor 3 times and the blower motor resistor 3 times. The last time (less than a month ago) I did all three at the same time JUST to make sure it wasn't one of the 3 causing the issue. Now less than 30 days later it has melted again...I am trying to schedule a visit to the closest Dodge Dealer to see how much they will charge to try and resolve this problem...

The reason I marked this as a 5 on "how bad is it" is because this melting presents a possible fire hazard! This definitely should be a recall.

- , New Martinsville, WV, USA

Dec 012012

Dakota SXT 4.7L V8

TALK ABOUT A DEFECT THAT NEEDS RECALLED!!! After replacing the MELTED piece that attaches to heater wires to have heat about 4 times the heat wiring harness melted too!!! now had to repair that because of a Dodge defect! My friend in a 2001 Durango has same problem too! Its INSANE

- , Washington, PA, USA