2.3

2003 Dodge Dakota lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Dakota:

2003 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

May 012016

Dakota

Our pick up truck was diagnosed with needing a central timer module replacement. We learned that there is a recall for vehicles that were built from 10/2/02 through 11/8/02. Our vehicle was built on 9/12/02. Our vehicle was built just 2 weeks before the recall and needs the same type of repair! Dodge will not pay for the repair. Problem occurs when it is stationary or in motion. We are requesting that you investigate this issue and expand the recall to include our vehicle.

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

May 022016

Dakota

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Dakota. The contact stated that the low beam headlights failed to illuminate. The dealer was notified and informed the contact that the part to repair the vehicle was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable. Updated 10/06/16

- Toledo, OH, USA

Dec 152015

Dakota

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Dakota. The contact stated that the headlamps, interior lighting, gauges, and instrument panel randomly failed. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 02V322000 (exterior lighting). The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Theodore, AL, USA

Apr 062014

Dakota

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Dakota. The contact stated that the key fob failed to lock and unlock the vehicle. Additionally, the driver's side master window control was also inoperable and the doors could not be locked or unlocked. The contact then started the engine and the 4-wheel drive warning light illuminated. The headlights and tail lights had also failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken the dealer for diagnosis where the dealer stated that the central timer module would need to be repaired. The contact referenced NHTSA campaign number: 02V322000 (exterior lighting) however, the contact was advised by the manufacturer that the VIN was not included in the recall campaign. The contact believed that the failure described in the recall was the same failure that had been experienced with his vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 128,000.

- Columbus , OH, USA

Aug 172012

Dakota

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Dakota. The contact stated that the low beam head lights malfunctioned. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the ctm and the low beam wire circuit were defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 02V322000 (exterior lighting:headlights:switch). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 9,710.

- Anahola, HI, USA

Dec 032011

Dakota

The contact owns a 2003 Dodge Dakota. The contact stated that both the interior and exterior lights would switch on and off repeatedly. The manufacturer was notified of the failure, but denied any assistance with repairs to the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 96,660.

- Oregon City, OR, USA

Apr 122008

Dakota 8-cyl

2003 Dakota lights quit working, I could have been killed. Also doors wouldn't lock or unlock electrically. Wife took truck to local dealer who said they couldn't touch it for two weeks. I could not drive the truck without lights. I checked all fuses and searched internet and deduced the central timer module (ctm) (56047092ai with date code 12/22/2002) was the problem and there was a recall #02V322000. I contacted Chrysler who said the recall didn't apply to my truck VIN #. I called another dealer who wanted $400+ to fix it. I found another dealer willing to sell me the part). They sold me a newer version and I installed it in their parking lot in about ten minutes. All the lights and electric door locks worked again except the for the key fobs which had to be reprogrammed. Total repair was $260.21. Then I contacted Chrysler to get my truck included within the recall and asked for a refund of the repair cost. They asked for all original receipts and a form filled out. About two weeks later Chrysler customer service office in india called and three different people kept telling me the recall didn't apply to my truck and they were not going to refund the money. They would not give me any other contact people or phone numbers. To my truck. But the $260.21 I paid to have the ctm #56047092al installed replacing the original one that failed with a date code of 12/22/2002 fixed the problem and was one day prior to the recall starting. Please refund the $260.21.

- Flovilla, GA, USA

Mar 202006

Dakota 4WD 8-cyl

Evening rain conditions headlight failure interior lights stuck on. (caused vision impairment) bright headlights not functioning.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Nov 152003

Dakota

We have recently submitted a claim to the bureau of automotive repairs. Our truck has been in the shop 6 times for the same and new problems. We bought this vehicle in June with 12 miles on it. They recently had our vehicle for 3 days in a row and wanted to keep it for a 4th day, however we declined. Below please find a list of the problems: 1) loud howling noise when backing up in reverse 2) slips out of gear when in reverse or drive 3) idles roughly 4) occasionally dies when backing in reverse or going forward 5) wheel well guards are starting to peel away 6) runs in the paint job 7) there was electrical wiring issues 8) transmission issues

- Cotati, CA, USA