8.0

2003 Dodge Dakota transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Dakota:

2003 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Aug 082012

Dakota SXT V6

Tranny just stopped working and left me stranded on the highway.

- , Glastonbury, CT, USA

Apr 252008

Dakota SXT 3.7L

paid over 20,000 for this truck with only 12 miles when i bought this truck, and with only 97,000 miles this is crazy don't know yet who to call; not under warranty never received any recall from factory.

no honest dealerships in area.this problem did not give me any warning the truck was running fine until i jumped in it on 4-25-08.

actually backed up about 20 feet, the it moved forward 20 feet.

- , Herington, KS, USA

May 062007

Dakota SLT V6

My 2003 Dodge Dakota does not shift properly. I have to lift my foot off the accelerator for it to shift. If I don't it just screams at a high RPM and sounds as if it is about to blow, and sometimes I wish it would! It has a hard time making it up a small incline such as an overpass. I have had it checked twice at two different dealerships, but they haven't fixed the problem. It is by far the worst truck I have ever owned. I will never own another Chrysler/ Dodge product.

- , Perrysburg, OH, USA