$1,100.00

1. repaint (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Dakota body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Sep 012008

Dakota V8

click to see larger images

entire paint layer cracking and separating from the metal entire paint layer cracking and separating from the metal entire paint layer cracking and separating from the metal entire paint layer cracking and separating from the metal entire paint layer cracking and separating from the metal entire paint layer cracking and separating from the metal

Chrysler Corp's answer to this obvious manufacturing flaw was to offer me 50% of the cost. Their position was that I was out of paint warranty. Warranty aside, customer expectation doesn't include the paint cracking and separating from the metal in the fifth year of the vehicle's life. This flaw is not normal expected vehicle wear. And, if this appears in more of the truck's surfaces, will they even come through with 50%? Chrysler has shown that it will not back up its product quality.

So, to save itself $550 (in this current event), Chrysler has ensured that what would have been a future guaranteed Dodge truck purchase (this is my second consecutive truck from the same dealer, with whom I have no complaint) will not happen. Someone else will get my money. It's also likely that I will move my maintenance to a non-Chrysler provider.

I can no longer trust Chrysler.

- , Tinley Park, IL, USA