2004 Dodge Dakota cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Mar 082014

Dakota 3.6L V6

Because there was no water in the engine the heat sensor did not know that is was overheating because without water passing by the sensor it did not register until the motor began to loose power and I had to stop

and only when I added water to the radiator while it was still running and the water turned to steam and puffed out the hole where the drain plug used to be. I ran and turned off the engine and the hand jumped to the end of the gauge. So I had to call for help which took me to advace auto wher mI tried to purchase another drain plug but, could not because it was factory item and had to be ordered from the CHRYSLER CORP.. So I had to call for a tow truck to get my truck home which cost $75. When I borrowed a drain plug from a friends truck and replaced the coolant the motor had multiple misfire error so I ran a compression check and discovered that the # 6 cylindr had no compression. Pulled the valve cover and the rocker arm had came off and the valve is warped. I haven't taken the head off yet so I don't know if the piston is damaged. Just for information puposes the head gasket set is around $218.00 the vaves are $15. a piece on average and rhat's not counting labor if it is even cost effective to even repair. Thanks a lot Chrysler. I was happy with the truck until now but the cost of parts alone really piss me off not to mention now i have no truck.!!!!

- , Westville, FL, USA