1. replaced the starter relay with the factory part (1 reports)
2004 Dodge Dakota electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Apr 012010

Dakota SLT 4.7L

When I bought the truck in 05 the dealership insisted they install the "No-Start". It worked for a while, with only occasionally having to press the damn button more than once to start the engine.

But now....the remotes aren't working so well. Some times it takes me more than 5 minutes to get it to start up. I have to turn the key to the first position, let it sit for 5 seconds, then second position for 2 seconds, then start.....and it only works about half the time.....

Any ideas on how to disable the system completely so I can just start my freakin truck?

Update from Jun 28, 2010: After much digging and looking around online I found a picture from Cyclops Security with one of their remotes and a relay next to it...that prompted me to look in the relay box for the solution. Sure enough I found one relay that wasn't a "Tyco" brand, and it was labeled "Starter".....I vaguely recalled when I bought the truck, seeing a spare relay in the glove box, checked and found the correct factory relay...So I swapped them and it's been working ever since....No thanks to Folsom Lake Dodge or the 3 mechanics I paid over $100 each to try and disable/remove the system.

- , Los Osos, CA, USA