8.0

2004 Dodge Dakota fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Dodge Dakota:

2004 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jul 162008

Dakota SLT 4.2L V8 Magnum

This is a big inconvenience I have to go through everytime I go to the pumps. Whenever the gas starts flowing, the pump clicks off. Now I'm no expert; but my guess is that there are vapors in the tank trying to escape while the new gas is being pumped in. So my mechanic checked the vent tube and it was clear, but the problem persisted. So everytime I go to get a few gallons, it ends up taking over 20 minutes. Big inconvenience. My friends Dodge Durango does the same thing. Seems like a design flaw. Sometimes turning the gas nozzle upside down works, but quite often it doesn't and people look at you like your insane.

- , Bayonne, NJ, USA

Jan 022007

Dakota SLT V6

I have a 2004 dodge dakota with 25000 miles. The gas pump keeps kicking off when filling the tank. I takes about 1/2 gallon of fuel and then kicks off. The filler tube appears to fill up and then drain into the tank. This is a royal pain. I have yet to go to the dealer but am on my way soon. I purchased the truck used with 15,000 miles on it and now know why the previous owner unloaded it. The shame is otherwise it is a cream puff and I love it.

- , New Castle, DE, USA

Jul 022006

Dakota SXT

When filling up the Fuel Tank, the Gas Station Pump Keeps Kicking Off. Takes About 10 Minutes to Get 12 Gal. of Gas Into the tank. My Dodge Dealer has Replaced the Gas Tank, this did not fix the problem. Dodge Dealer has Replaced the Vapor Canister two times, and Replaced a Vent Hose two times. My Dodge Dealer Still Has Not Fixed The Problem. Can anyone Help me with this Problem. thanks

- , Westville, IN, USA